Why did Jesus say that it is only when our "Eye" is single to see God in all, that there will be no dark par?

Luke 11:36 If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

Isn't it interesting that when we overlay the different gospel accounts that we get a more full understanding of ALL that was being communicated through Jesus : )

Anyway....most people, dont like to talk about these passages for it forces them to accept that we are still in some degree of darkness, and that is hard to process sometimes...so Christians .... your thoughts on how darkness can still be in us...

But the desire to be and see Single is stirred in us ....yes?

Please ..help me think this one through, I have some thoughts already... but would like to see how you view this portion of Scripture, and thank you for keeping your answers sincere... in advance!!

Update:

meant to type... dark part.... sorry for the typos... LOL ...

13 Answers

Relevance
  • seth
    Lv 5
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

Heya Kar, : )

I love to see all these wonderful thoughts developing....

But the desire to be and see Single is stirred in us ....yes? YES !!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise God Almighty !

wow.....I am also gonna have to agree with what Bilbo said : ) great answer ! ; )

Perhaps more tomorrow....Eye need some shut eye....but perhaps I will awaken with my eye single, in the simple vision of recognizing God in all that he made : )

• 4 years ago

A tripartite god is blasphemous. There is a huge distinction between three segmented gods "father, son and ghost" who are all distinct -- indeed one is even in human form -- and the attempts of human beings to define the undefinable. It makes no sense that God, ... can be a servant to a greater "God" and also intercede for this greater "God", who is really not greater. Trinity is another way to cover up and explain the the multiple mistaken Godhead identities that accumulated trough the writers. Such man made concepts, reasoning and phraseology was indeed needed to fit the pieces to a contradictory, and puzzled bible. Revelation : Doubleday Bible Commentary (Doubleday Bible Commentary) by MARCUS MAXWELLWe often hear that the doctrine of the holy Trinity is not found in the Bible. In the sense of the philosophical statements that later theologians loved, this is true. .... The Shadow of the Almighty: Father, Son, and Spirit in Biblical Perspective by Ben Witherington, Laura M. Icethere is no developed doctrine of the Trinity enunciated in the New Testament, ..."(front of book). The Illustrated Bible Dictionary "The word Trinity is not found in the Bible . . . It did not find a place formally in the theology of the church till the 4th century." The Catholic Encyclopedia:In Scripture there is as yet no single term by which the Three Divine Persons are denoted together. . .(it is) is first found in Theophilus of Antioch about A. D. 180 . The Encyclopedia Americana plainly reports: "Fourth Century Trinitarianism did not reflect accurately early Christian teaching regarding the nature of God; it was, on the contrary, a deviation from this teaching." The New Catholic Encyclopedia notes: "The formulation 'one god in three Persons' was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. . . Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective." The Ethnic Trinities by L. L. Paine, page 219, states that the development of the trinity was an evolutionary process. "The Christian dogma did not start from a polytheistic or pantheistic ground, but from Jewish monotheism; but the development from one God to a trinity was just as completely a historical evolution as any other." Many Christians worship 3 gods and try to dress them up as one. Christians use many convulted methodologies for trying to prove that 1 + 1 + 1 (father + son + ghost) = 1. How can it be said that a believer who has the "spirit" in them, knows God, when they really don't have a clue as to what they're worshipping, especially if they believe in dualism, gnosticism, or some other heresy? How credible is a christian's witness to a Non-believer when that Christian seems non-chalant or indifferent as to the god they advise them to worship? It is pretty clear, God is one and ONLY one i.e. Deuteronomy 6:4 unity0151

• Josh6
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

That is why I use the King James.

35: Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

36: If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

As a candle lights up a room and disposes the darkness so shall the body who dispels darkness (evil)

Source(s): The Unveiling of the Trinity
  • Carl
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Phl 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,

Jer 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

Psa 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.

Psa 119:11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You.

2Cr 10:5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

We get saved, great, but there is much more to our new lives than that. Our minds have been formed by ungodly influences, now we have to bring it in line with the Word of God, often this will mean admitting we are wrong and this can be painful due to pride.

Acts 17:11 is possibly the most important verse in the Whole of Scripture after salvation.

"Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

What I am abought to share is by the trims unorthodox to Christian main steam understanding and might be a shock to most others.

But when viewing the book of Luke is main focal point it is written for angles, yes, them which are unseen, and those who will soon come.

For even angles needed Truth in the Father and the Son and too are under the judgment to be.

For it say you might entertain angles unaware

So this in mind;

Luke 11:36 If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

“light” using small “l” must be understood as what it is, matter in, long word before one teach coming word earth long eternal earth teach, now this is true function mater before, light. But in case with spirit of the LORD of host is present, and a body, the whole must be true light together coming> the focal coming is the angel (as spirit) with the body, true spirit coming is light with body and to be faithful it must be/will full of light.

as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

For light is whole usable truth coming, and it “give thee light” as something that could be gathered too.

Again I am speaking of angles in bodies; we believers have both body and spirit and to apply Luke to us you can not do. Nevertheless it says you might entertain angles unaware. But untaught angles they also need the word-truth-one.

For “having no part dark” is some thing of self (d-ark) for the body is just a body but the spirit to make alive in the light the gathering of the body and the spirit must be one and no part dark” (Of self spirit) for it has given its whole perfect to what comes first made ready to be gather too.

One can reap good things from this but I would the books of Matthew John.

“Isn't it interesting that when we overlay the different gospel accounts that we get a more full understanding of ALL that was being communicated through Jesus : )”

This statement is true and after reading what I wrote, do you see why? We believe all scripture is Truth but how to apply too and to whom, is when understanding, Luke in the written word is for angles, things start to fall in place. All so a gospel parallels is good way to study this.

Good grace with other with this, I have wonder when I would let this out of the truth and how.

Thank yoo for the question. and you kindness theri-in

Carey

Source(s): Church of Father and Son for All
  • 10 years ago

It may be hard for some to see this, but everything in Scripture is showing the difference between the two trees in the Garden of Eden. These two trees are LAW, and GRACE.

Law, headed up by Satan, who is Adam, is death and darkness.

Grace, headed up by Jesus the obedient son of God, is life and light.

If ones eye is singular, meaning it sees only Grace, then that person has light, or truth, and no darkness or error/death.

But if their eye is double or to be double minded, as stated by James, this means he is eating from the tree of GOOD and EVIL, or mixing law and grace. This mixture is not acceptable with God and brings death.

We must find total grace to find light/life.

Very few can see the difference and get free from some part of law. It takes a spiritual mind, being led of the Holy Ghost, to see Grace in its true light.

The carnal mind, death, hears LAW in Scripture.

Hence, they must tithe

or they must keep a weekly sabbath, or they are bound by some other man-made law. Must get to church at a certain time. can't eat certain things at certain times. All of these things are law, and therefore a double minded person, in darkness/death.

Source(s): KJV truth
  • 10 years ago

Our hearts are wicked and deceitful, we must come to the truth in the light of what God is saying to us, not in the light of what we would like to hear. God has given us both His Word and His Holy Spirit to enable us to know His truth. The Word of God and prayer are extremely important in the life of a Christian.

The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.Psalm 19:8

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.Proverbs 3:7

((Hugs))

Blessed Be The Name of The LORD

HE Reigns

• 10 years ago

What come to mind is the third eye, the inner eye, that you see what others cannot.

Jesus is the candle, the light that shines, and by allowing the light of Christ to enter our lives. As we do this, the light of Christ will shine through us and will actually appear in our countenances.

• 10 years ago

The word single here means "simple". Our one simple sight should be in seeing God in all things. When we seek God and find him we are considered full of light and our lives begin to shine with God's holy spirit. There is no dark part in what all God created. He is the light that shines and shows us the way to life.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

If you have reached this level of understanding you may be ready for the next step.

You can do this, if you are persistent.

The next time you are in a public place just stop and look at the people.

Recognize that each of them is an aspect of the source. Know that you are too.

Understand that you and they are one with the light, that there is no separation between what they and you and God are.

Hold this realization and look carefully at each face. Soon a distant memory will stir from the back of your consciousness. Time will seem to slow, then nearly stop. The faces will begin to all look familiar. Each face will become that of an old familiar friend.

It will be difficult to hold this realization but with practice you can repeat it.

Just do it.

Love and blessings Don

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.