Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What are some good books to read?

I need to read a good book.

Favorite Answer

What I loved are "The Hunger Games" and "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins. They are both in the same series, and the third book, "Mockingjay" comes out August 24th.

They are seriously AMAZING! Once you start reading you can't put it down! It combines love, friendship, family, betrayal, trust, death, and basically everything you can think of, and the outcome is a really awesome book that makes you think about it and keep reading it!

Also last night I just finished the book "Before I Fall" by Lauren Oliver.

It's a newer book, published in 2010 i think, but it's so good! It about this girl who was really popular, and mean kind of. One day she gets in a car crash and dies, and the next thing she knows she is in her room, and she is reliving her last day again. She tries to solve the mystery of her death, and in the process becomes a better person. It made me cry through the whole book, but also has some funny parts in it!

A really good book and there are so many lessons that are taught in it!

"Hush, Hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick is great if you like fantasy! I'm not even a big fan of fantasy books, but I loved this book so much!! It's about fallen angels, and it's really good!

"Thirteen Reasons Why" by Jay Asher is another great one! It's about Hannah Baker, a girl who commited suicide, and she delivers these tapes to 13 people her were responsible for her commiting suicide. It made me cry and have read it twice!

It's a quick read, so if you need to read a book quickly for like a report or something, this one's good for it!

And I started reading "Fallen" by Lauren Kate and it's pretty good so far!

Heres some others:

-Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson. A beautiful romance that will make you laugh and cry!

-Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life (I forget the author) but It's such a cute book! Really really enjoyed it!

-The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. I love all of Dessen's books, but this one was really great! AAAhhh... Such a good book! It's a romance.

-The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson. Some people didn't like this book, but I absoloutly loved it! A girl gets in a car crash, then in a coma, and then she is saved, but doesnt remember anything. She tries to piece her life back together, and what she finds out comes as a shock to her. LOVED IT!

-Get Well Soon (I forget the author) If you want a fun book to read in a little amount of time, this ones perfect! About a girl that gets checked into a mental hospital and meets a best friend, a boyfriend, and some nutjobs along the way.

-Living Dead Girl (forget the author)This book will probably make you cry because its about a girl who gets kidnapped, raped, and kept as a "pet" by this one guy, Ray. He sexually and physically abuses her, and it's just a really sad, but great book.

Heres some books I heard were good, but havent read yet.

The Mortal Instrument Series, House of Night Series, Flowers in the Attic, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns, Deadly Little Secrets and Deadly Little Lies, and Lonely Hearts Club.

Hope I helped ;D

Some of these are from female perspectives, some may be a little "girly girl" for your liking but others should be okay. I've left both genre on and you can decide. Meryll of the Stone (Brian Caswell) Picnic at Hanging Rock (Joan Lindsay) Stranger with my face (Lois Duncan) Playing Beattie Bow (Ruth Parks) My Sister Sif (Ruth Parks) Hitch hikers guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams) Holes (Louis Sachar) Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit Eragorn trilogy Narnia The Golden Compass Interview with a Vampire (Anne Rice) Requiem for a Princess (Ruth M Arthur) Looking for Alibrandi (Melina Marchetta) Angels Gate (Gary Crew) Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants Pelican's Creek (Maureen Pople) The Diary of Anne Frank To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) The Shiralee (Dárcy Niland) Into the Wild (John Krakauer) Chocolat (Joanne Harris) Harp in the South; Poor Man's Orange; Missus (Trilogy by Ruth Parks) Where the Heart is (Billie Letts) My Place (Sally Morgan) Little Women (Louisa May Alcott) Rebecca (Daphne De Maurier) The 3 Muskateers (Alexandre Dumas) Anything by the Bronte sisters or Jane Austen Whatever you do don’t run The December Boys (Robert Noonan)

Go to Amazon.com and search:

"Lost from Atlantis Book 1" - Book 2 is going to be out in the next 6 weeks or so, Book 3 is written and in editing and will be out sometime in the next few months.

"Death by MURDER David Lindsay" - you have to search that way or it won't come up. There's lots of sex in that one.

"Super Spaghetti"

And the best part is, for now, they're all FREE. You can read them with Kindle Unlimited - if you don't have Kindle Unlimited Google how to get a free trial, and all those books are free. They can be read online, with a free Kindle phone app, or on a Kindle.

Eh....Well, I'm a Harry Potter fan, so of course I'll recommend those. But, I don't read just Harry Potter, I also like mysteries. I would suggest a book called Shakespeare's Secret, it is not very big, but it is worth a try. I also recommend a book by Roald Dhal, Matilda. Try and check out those books.

Source(s): Me and my obsessive reading.

-The Divergent Series (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant), Veronica Roth

-The Fault in our Stars, John Green

-Will Grayson, Will Grayson, John Green

-Looking for Alaska, John Green

-The Maze Runner, James Dashner

-Paper Towns, John Green

-Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell

-Eleanor & Park, Rainbow Rowell

- the Maximum Ride series, (The Angel Experiment, Schools Out--Forever, Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, The Final Warning, Max, Fang, Angel, Nevermore) James Patterson

-Confessions of a Murder Suspect, James Patterson

-Confessions: The Private School Murders

-The Percy Jackson Series, (The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, The Last Olympian) Rick Riordan

-The Heros of Olympus Series, (The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena, The House of Hades, --and in Oct 2014--> The Blood do Olympus) Rick Riordan

-Attachments, Rainbow Rowell

-Hush, hush series, (Hush, hush, Crescendo, Silence, Finale) Becca Fitzpatrick

Source(s): Trust me, they're good...

Where the Red fern Grows

I dont normally read but this book is just magic

try

Vampire kisses

Midnight bred series

Fallen

the last song

and thing by Jude Deveraux

Vampire academy all five books very good

hawk song series

sweep series

night world 1-3

wicked series very good finshed all four books in three days

vampire academy series

morganville vampire series

maximum ride series

the hunger games

catching fire

twilight saga

harry potter series

the gone series

vampire diaries

vampire kisses

motral insturments series

percy jackson series

my sister's keeper

the girl with the pearl earring

the uglies trilogy

the inheritance trilogy

graceling

song of the sparrow

the night dance

witch & wizard

heart at stakes

elsewhere

house of night series (in the 5th bk, so far so good)

just listen

the midnighters series

the pigman

adventures of tom sayer (if you like classics)

adventures of huckleberry finn (if you like classics)

moby dick ((if you like classics)

and then there were none

the outsiders

catalyst

where the red fern grows

i rode a horse of milk white jade

so b. it

jane eyre (if you like classics)

great expectations (if you like classics)

pride and prejudice (if you like classics/i never read it but heard it wazs really good))

dreamhunter

dreamquake

{out of the last two books that i have recommended, i don't know which one comes first...but i have not read then and i did find out that there were really good}

Depends on what you like. I'm into the whole fantasy, romance thing so I'd recommend Wings by aprilynne pike, as you wish (don't remember who it's by, it's about a djinni), sea change (don't remember, about mermen)

• All the Pretty Girls-J.T ellison