Will Dale Earnhardt, Jr. win a race this year, and will he make the Chase?

He said before the season that he wanted to get at least 3 wins this season, and there are still 30 races left on the schedule. What tracks will Dale Jr. most likely get a win on?

Some of his good tracks:

Atlanta

Bristol

Daytona

Martinsville

Michigan

Phoenix

Richmond

Talladega

Texas

Favorite Answer

make the Chase yes, win a race maybe

and smileyboy - he stayed between 10th and 15th all day because he had a bad car, was fighting it all day. not an excuse thats the explanation. some people seem to confuse excuses and explanations

- lol he doesn't know how to drive an ill handling car? think about it for a second seriously, if h couldn't drive an ill handling car don't you think he would have finished more like 30th espeically every pit stop he lost positions. and actually he still would gain spots with the car just not nearly as much a as if he had a good handling car. i can tell by your answers that you don't know a whole lot about racing, you just think you do and you think you know it all but you relaly don't know anything. even though im a JR fan i have no problem admitting if he screwed up. and yes its an explaination not an excuse, you really don't know the difference. if he didn't want to tell the truth and just make up little things then those would be excuses, what the problem was, was a bad handling car, thats it, thats an explaination of why he wasn't doing great most of the race. and just so you know i know its a lot of JR fans that think he never messes up or that he's perfect and the geatest driver, i don't think that but he's a great driver and you know what, hate to break it to ya but a JR hater like you that can't see that he's a great driver is no better than a JR fan that worships everything JR touches. if he was so abd then why is he 10th in points after getting 15th this last race and getting a broke axle in another. also he's doing about 5 times better this season as he was this same time last season. you just don't want to admit that he doesn't suck like you want to think. so "smileyboy" at least have the balls to admit when your're wrong, i know i can admit it and i cana dmit when he doesn't do the right thing but can you even admit when he does something good? no you can't, you make an excuse as to why he finished good.

Although Jr. has been struggling I think he will get a win this season. Racing for Hendrick lets him have one of the better cars on the track and hopefully things will go right in one race this season and let him get into victory lane. I don't know where he would win but I would like to actually see him take a race in Charlotte since he is the hometown boy.

• E

It's hard to say whether he will win a race or not. I'll say no, but if he does get one, I'd say he'd get it at Richmond or Talladega, nowhere else.

Will he make the Chase? That's another tough question. He's no longer way outside, but he's not comfortably in the Chase, either. And we have 20 more races yet until the Chase for the Cup. I think he'll be right on the borderline, kind of like Kenseth last year, coming right down until the end. I'll say he'll make it. Barley.

Mark Martin will win a race before Jr does.

He might win at Dega or Daytona but that is about it.

He wont make the chase & still be the 4th wheel at HMS.

Source(s): Go Mark Martin

Will he win a race? LOL.

Make the chase. More than possible. To make the chase all you need is consistent top 15 finishes all year.

Martinsville is one of his good tracks? He had a top 15 run all day, even with all the other cars all wrecked up. So his top 15 was extremely lucky. Daytona and Talladega are restrictor plate tracks. Winning or crashing there doesn't make a difference, it's all luck. Phoenix he is good at? Well we'll see this weekend!!! You will be embarrassed with him getting another solid top 10/15 finish at one of his good tracks!

Dale Jr. isn't any better than last year. He is still getting mediocre finishes/runs every week. He is likely to not win a race.

Edit: All I can do is laugh at most of these answers. I love coming home from work to read all these answers. To that one guy who said he might get reported, if you do, it won't be from me. I don't report people. I can care less what anyone says to me. I say what I see. Also calling a car bad is an excuse. Like it or not. He needs to either learn how to drive a ill handling car better or get a better crew chief that can fix his problems..Since I'm sure it is his fault.

LOL. If he wins this weekend, I'll admit he did a great job if he deserves it.

Source(s): But there is no telling Dale Jr. fans..

I'm not even a Jr. fan, but I do think he'll win a race this season and I do think he'll be in the chase also.

Yeah I guess Mr. Smiley Man knows it all. If he knew anything about something he would know that Martinsville is one of Jr's good tracks and he would also know that if he watched the race outside of the 1/4 of the actual race they show on TV that Jr was a top 10 car all day until they kept losing spots on pit road. Martinsville is a very big track position track and they just lost too many positions on pit road to make it up, then when they got back up in 15th or so they were an adjustment or 2 behind. Thats what happens when your crew chief is an idiot and tells the driver to get closer to the wall during his pit stop so he can get out around the 17 easier, but it made no sense and then when Dale Jr got too close to the wall and the jackman didn't have room to get the car jacked up on the left side they lost a ton of time and spots. Then Mr. Genius Lance McGrew decides to put a spring rubber in, which takes alot of time, on another stop and they lost all the ground they made up from the time before. So that guy thinks he knows alot, but he knows nothing. Jr had a much better car then 15th, but with those bad calls they were lucky only to have a driver to get back up that far without getting involved in a wreck by being put in the back time after time because of a dumb crew chief. The difference between this year and last, first of all is that Jr has been running better so far, but they are still making too many mistakes and not making the car better through the middle and end of the races. If they can do that, then yes they can make the chase. If they continue to shoot themselves in the foot, then it will be tough to make the chase. They need to start putting complete races together instead of like at Martinsville, where they had a top 10 car until they lost so much ground at which point you don't know what you have with your car, you're just trying to get caught back up and then you get behind on adjustments. The same thing happened at Bristol with a speeding penalty. So they need to get better and most Dale Jr fans know that, but I think they have a chance to win at several tracks that are left on the schedule if they can put a good solid race together without mistakes and get better with adjustments on the car from start to finish. They can win at Phoenix, Bristol, Richmond, Martinsville, Texas, Talladega and Daytona and the 88 will win 3 or more races this year. They are running better this year at times and the difference between this year and last is that they have caught a couple breaks to help them get a better finish after they made mistakes. Last year one mistake would lead to another and then they would get in a wreck or something would break and it usually happened because of the situation a mistake put them in. This year they have been lucky with a couple finishes and thats a good sign, but they need to rely more on running better because the luck wont last long. He will win and if they can get more consistent they will make the chase too. The haters will be the ones that will be embarrassed because such a horrible driver, in their mind, is one of the top 12 drivers in points when they view him as a 25th place driver where he finished last year. I see alot of signs to point toward things going the right direction, but they have alot of work to do and it starts on top of the pit box. McGrew needs to learn fast and the only real way to do that is by running well, being able to work on the car all race and winning and getting good finishes.

I expect Jr to win a race, but making the chase is too far away to tell.

I'll get reported, but it's worth it. Smiley, your a moron who has no concept of the skill it takes to win a race, any race at the Cup level. Superspeedways count, just like exhibition races count, (that you pointed out earlier as not counting as wins.) Superspeedways have more of a level playing field, i will admit that, but it isn't luck. You are going near 195 mph all the way around, and you can not even turn your head more than an inch, or see the corners of your own car. But to win, you have to concentrate and hang on to your car, as you miss wrecks, avoid creating bigger wrecks while inches away from other cars, control your car when getting 10 mph + bump draft boosts, AND play a mental chess match to be in the lead coming to the line. Can just anyone do that? No.

I'm not a rabid Jr fan either, but I respect how tough it is to even qualify for a Cup race, let alone winning one. But your one of those people who sit on the sidelines and jump at the chance to tell the competitors how to do their job.

He has had some good races at Watkins Glen too, and a few good runs at New Hampshire but had some bad luck. He can win at any of those tracks you mentioned, and he has had great runs at Charlotte also. So yes and yes.

Yes, he will win a race this year and he will make the Chase. He will most likely win at Phoenix, Texas, Talladega, Daytona, Michigan, and Richmond.