Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 10 years ago

Why do many Mexican Americans(USA born)discriminate against Mexican immigrants?

I have witnessed this alot in California and Texas

• rnc312
    Best Answer

Well, I don't know about that, but I do have a Mexican-American friend (his parents moved here from Mexico) who was surprised that so many Mexicans in Mexico called him a "gringo" just because he spoke good English! (True story.)

Mexicans did not bankrupt the state it was corrupt politicians who robbed it blind. Mexicans helped build most of California and added to the economy. Mexicans pump in millions of dollars daily into the California economy and also have provided tons of labor at lower cost so that California could be built more modern. Whites receive more welfare than Mexicans and other Hispanics and African Americans. The poorest states in the United States are Red Conservative states. Look it up. "If Republican economic policies are so great for America, how come 9 out of the 10 poorest states are Red states?" According to the latest Census data, 9 of the 10 states with the lowest per-person income levels were Red: Mississippi, Arkansas, Idaho, West Virginia, Kentucky, Utah, Alabama, South Carolina and Oklahoma. The Census data also show that 9 of the 10 states with the lowest median household income were Red: Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisiana, South Carolina and Oklahoma. And 9 of the 10 states with the lowest median family income were Red: Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Louisiana and South Carolina. The only Blue state on each list: New Mexico. source poltifact.

• Most legal immegrants or US born mexicans don't think it's fair that illegals should be able to break the law and come here, not pay taxes etc. People who came here legally are pissed because the illegals basically cut to the front of the line and aren't subject to the same taxes, and mexican americas (born in the US) already know we are short on jobs, we can't afford to have million of people a year come here when there are already no jobs.

Maybe they feel polarized as a group due to all the hysteria of illegal immigrants. After all, don't you see the media always show a Mexican flag when it talks about illegal immigration. I wish they wouldn't be so mean to Mexican immigrants b/c if they get rounded up like many americans want, I think so much racism has materialized that Mexican/Americans are also victims of it. In Germany the hysteria didn't say "get that jew but not the other jew b/c he's cool". They all felt the wrath.

You must mean illegal immigrants. Our country was founded with immigrants.

• ?

Because they see it as an invasion also and know that what these illegals are doing is illegally and morally wrong. Illegal aliens are not immigrants.

all mexican americans are known to harbor illegal immigrant parents,relatives and friends. they get them false or stole i.d,s as soon as they arrive . the trouble is they are now being exposed as criminals themselves ,and they do not like the attention that is being given to it now. they have brought this all on themselves.

What are you talking about? how? where?

People can come on here and say anything. Good try!

Mexicans born here or not stick together. I know, I have plenty of Mexican friends.

I have witnessed a lot of BS on here, and it's really strong right now.

immigrants are people that are legally on this country. illegals are called aliens. which do you mean?