URGENT! HELP ME ABOUT BIBLE STORY!?

The day after tommorrow, I will join a telling story competition about Bible story. Use your opinion, what is the best Bible story that I can tell? I wish you would tell me the best Bible story? what is it about? Thanks

Best Answer

The parable of the prodigal son is perhaps the best story in the bible.

It clearly shows that Unconditional loving nature of the God that Jesus tried to explain to us.

Read it carefully and notice that the father in the story never judges the sons actions in any way.

There is no mention of forgiveness because without judgment there is noting to forgive.

Religion always tries desperately to spin this story as a story of forgiveness even though it obviously isn't about forgiveness at all.

This 2000 year cover up is necessary because the prodigal son story blows the whole judgmental punishing God idea completely out of the water.

Love and blessings Don

Before I would suggest what might be a very good Bible story to use for a competition I would like to know if the competition is based on the ages of the story tellers,and do they have to read the story first? One of my favorites is how Ester became a queen and saved the Israelites from being killed. She was willing to die to save people.

The best story is that which helps you in your walk with God. Personally I like the Gospels as Jesus provides the perfect example of how to live. Do not worry about whether or not you win. The important thing is that you learn something about yourself and gain a better understanding of God. Good luck!

• uhoow

How about the main theme.....redemption. And how Jesus is amidst every story in some way. How the complete Bible is interconnected and woven by His blood. The blood of the Lamb!!

Joseph. Read Genesis 37-46 (Skip Chapter 38). It is an amazing story. Joseph is favored by his father and his brothers hate him. They sell him into slavery and he ends up in Egypt. He is falsely accused an imprisoned then by God's help is able to interpret the Pharoah's dream and he puts him in charge of all Egypt. meanwhile his wicked brothers come to Egypt to buy food because of the familne and don't recognize their brother who is now second in command of all Egypt.

Joseph's father believes he is dead so the final reunion is very sweet!

If you don't want that one look at Daniel (there is a book in the Bible of his name)

There's David and Goliath or Samson & Delilah or even Noah & the flood or the whole Moses and Egypt story but my favorite is the walls of Jericho or if your really game do revelations.

Why not just read the Bible for yourself? You know, I trust, that anything you get here in R & S will be mostly mocking and sarcasm, and the "stories" you DO get might be fictitious, and not even from the Bible.

Jesus Christ and the salvation of Man!

Begins in Genesis 1:1 and ends at Revelation 22:21!

John 3:16-18 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (17) For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. (18) Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Source(s): Bible
  • e w

My favorite is the tale of Adam & Eve in the Garden of Eden.

Well, we have Adam & Eve, running around naked in the Garden of Eden.

God plunks his "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" down right there, in front of them, and tells them "no, no, mustn't touch." Seems to me that if God didn't want them to touch his tree, he should have plunked it down somewhere else, since he had the whole universe in which to put his tree.

Since this is the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" they obviously have no concept of right or wrong. They are as children, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what would happen next.

God also put the Serpent in the Garden of Eden----a talking snake!

Seems to me that God stacked the deck, to deliberately tempt them.

Well, they ate of the "fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."

When God saw that they had covered themselves with fig leaves, he got mad at them.

Conclusions:

God gave man free will, and the first time he used his free will, God got angry.

God obviously prefers humans to run around naked, as he didn't get angry until they had covered themselves.

God doesn't like people to know good from evil.

God holds a grudge against generations of people, but doesn't hold a grudge against talking snakes, nor does he hold talking snakes responsible.

Well the story of Daniel and the lions Den is one of my favorites. Daniel was condemned to the lions den because he refused to stop praying and worshipping God and so the king had to send him to the lions den. But David had faith in God, and God made it so that the lions would not eat him, and the next day when the king saw that he was not eaten up, he took him from the den and allowed him to worship his God.