where do people who live in Orlando, Florida go on vacation?

i love visiting orlando, florida! its a great spot for the family. i live up north so its nice to get away but where do locals go to escape? or do they even need too haha

Favorite Answer

I have been to Washington DC to see the museums and monuments.Disney has ticket booths everywhere but there are none at the Smithsonian.I have been to the Sequoia National Park in California.Going on the same Disney vacation every year shows avoidance and anxiety.

It is impossible to generalize, not everyone who lives here vacations the same way. Here are some of the things my family has done for vacation:

Local:

Some times we do go to the local theme parks. Florida residents can buy Annual Passes, so we can go to the parks more often, but it is still expensive. We might even stay in on-site hotels; for instance my husband and I will stay a night or two at a Disney hotel during the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot.

Most of the time we avoid the areas near the Theme Parks. There is so much else to do.

Take a boat ride out on a local lake or river; fish, water ski, wake board.

Visit one of our local fresh water springs: Wekiwa Springs, Rock Springs, etc.

In the winter, camp at a Local, State or National Park (Hontoon Island, Moss Park, Turkey Lake Park, Ocala National Forest, Silver Springs, etc). Go to see the manatees at Blue Springs or the Crystal River.

Take a canoe or kayak ride down the Rock Springs run, or along the Banana River or Indian River.

Spend a weekend or a week at the Beach: Cocoa Beach, Clearwater Beach, Siesta Key, Lido Key, etc.

Kennedy Space Center, Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, Playlinda Beach at Canaveral National Seashore. Sometimes we go for launches, but most of the time we avoid the drive and watch launches from our front yard. In fact, my husband and I, and several of our neighbors, watched this morning's Shuttle launch, it was gorgeous.

Visit the Sanford Zoo; play in the water park, do the Zip lines.

Watch outdoor movies at Leu Gardens or the Lake Eola Band Shell.

Head to St. Augustine for the weekend.

Head to the Florida Keys for a week or two.

Go to one of the festivals or fairs; any time but during the summer.

When we do leave the state, we often go during the summer. We might take a Carribean cruise, or head to the Bahamas for a week. Or head north; the mountains in north Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee are an easy drive. Head out west to visit the National Parks. Washington DC, Boston, New York, are all fun and easy to get to by plane. New Orleans for Jazz Fest. Our next trip will be to Savannah Georgia; a 4 hour drive.

As for the parks, it relies upon on what you like. Universals Islands of journey has the suited rides. Disney's Animal Kingdom has sturdy rides alluring landscaping and of path the wonderful animals. Disney's Epcot midsection is a brilliant place for discovery. certainly one of my prominent aspects of Epcot is the place they have distinctive international places represented. Epcot additionally has alluring landscaping. those 3 parks are my prominent. For the hotel i opt to advise the Gaylord hands motel hotel. they have a alluring atrium depicting distinctive places of Florida. Key West, the Everglades and the Spanish fortress in St Augustine. dissimilar the rooms are interior your funds. on the grounds which you will basically be on the city for a couple of minutes, i opt to advise Downtown Disney. that's a marketplace place with entertainment, shops, eating place's and a action picture teach. i'm hoping this helps. What ever you do, have a brilliant time and welcome to Florida.

I love living here! My escape usually is just going to Disney or Universal (usually Disney).

I rarely go to the beach, so I would consider that a nice vacation, haha.

I love going to Long Island, though.

Lol.. someplace with a good beach that a lot of people seem to think Orlando has, but it doesn't.

places beside Orlando, new york LA who cares

• Will

I go on out of state hunting/fishing trips. This year I am going to Montana.

lol so true i always wondered