Why is reality so boring? How do you escape a mind filled with fantasy?

I can't help but get caught up in fantasies and fiction. I hate knowing that life will never be as interesting as the things I can create in my imagination. It is so cruel. I go around thinking all the time "why can't this or that be real?" "Why am I able to experience things in my... show more I can't help but get caught up in fantasies and fiction. I hate knowing that life will never be as interesting as the things I can create in my imagination. It is so cruel. I go around thinking all the time "why can't this or that be real?" "Why am I able to experience things in my imagination if I am forced to never be able to truly epxerience them?" Real life is just a routine, no matter how you mix things up. You are always going to be doing basically the same things, and life only gets more and more mundane as it goes on and I hate facing that. No, I don't want to join a club. No, I don't need friends (I have them). I'm not a 12 year old or a teenager or anything...I'm an adult in the real world, but I am so unsatisfied with real life...
Update: I have one, thanks....