Did you feel the earthquake in California/Baja today? Did you feel dizzy afterward?

I've spoken with a few people who felt dizzy for about 5 minutes after the earthquake, what do you think that means? Obviously we haven't felt dizzy after earthquakes in the past.

Favorite Answer

I felt so dizzy too. I actually googled feeling dizzy after an earthquake when I found your question. I guess I'm not alone, and neither are you. My mom and I both felt the same way...Very strange- almost like the entire earth shifted or something. I think I still feel kinda dizzy! Weird...I'm a southern California native and this is NOT my first quake, just the first time I've felt this way.

I think there was a small amount of shaking continously. I felt really seasick/got the hicups too. Quiet now and i feel fine. My notes follow

I'm in Wellton, Arizona, about 25 miles east of Yuma. Very very noticible and seemed to last a long time. No damage and I just went for a short bike ride and saw no damage. Following are some notes I made:

Earthquake at 3:41 pm arizona time lasted 20-30 seconds RV was shaking and my car was parked but rolling back and forth within the confines of the parking gear, maybe 4-6 inches back and forth. Couldn't miss this one! 4.4.2010

Now 4:11pm felt very minor ones since, probably aftershocks.

4:26pm Just had a 5-8 second shake. easy to feel.

News channel just said it was upgraded to 7.2 on the richter scale

5:10pm just felt another 8-10 second after shock

6:15 pm all seems quiet

6:27 A little minor shake just happened, easy to feel but not like at first

6:35 all quiet again

I'm in Los Angeles and I think it's very strange coincidence that everyone I know also felt dizzy after the quake. I've been in many quakes in the past and this is the only one that's ever giving me a dizzy/drunkish feeling afterwords.

Low blood sugar? Drink a little orange juice to boost your sugar level and eat something high in protein to keep it steady. Inner ear problem? Does an ear hurt or are you stuffy? You can take a pill for motion sickness to see if that helps, like Dramamine.

• I live in Los Angeles. I sure did feel it. I thought the building I was in was being transported across the street. Well, my nerves were rattled.

The city of San Diego sure did feel it! Everybody kept posting about it on facebook, lol.

yes i did!!!

and i never felt dizzy during all other earthquakes we have had

creepy isnt it?

Strange coincidence, I am still feeling a bit uncomfortable