Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 10 years ago

Should white people be allowed to adopt black children considering?

The women can not do the little black childrens hair? I mean, it is very unfair to have the kids running around looking pitiful with their hair a mess while the white children have their hair groomed accordingly.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

yes they have adopted black kids and yes they know how to do it you just have to go with everyone else. its just a way of doing things that is learnt.

• 10 years ago

If it doesn't matter that gays can adopt children, then it shouldn't matter what the race is. You could be sensitive to the fact that the majority of white people have no idea that there is an actual difference in the hair and the way it is cared for and offer to show the mother or take her to a salon where a professional can show her how to properly care for it. I learned this from black friends when I was young and I honestly have the opinion that these women should be taught the proper hair care because they obviously don't know any better.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Of course! Why shouldn't they be allowed? Plenty of parents adopt children of different backgrounds, race, and ethnicity, and they turn out just fine. To me that is a very offensive question and a bordering on racist. I know several families like this myself, and they are wonderful people.

• kim h
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

That is just dumb. You can learn how to do their hair. Black kids need parents too and if white parents are the ones that come forward to give them a loving home don't worry about it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Of course.. Just because a woman is "white" doesn't mean she can not take care of their hair. I know a lot of "white" women with "black" or "mixed" babies, and they can do their hair just fine.

And even if they can't, they can always learn as they do with even kids of their own race.

• 10 years ago

There are a lot of black people who don't know how to do black hair. That is why there are so many ghetto *** black bald head black girls running around.

Source(s): i am mixed but went to an all black HS. I see it all the time
  • 10 years ago

You are being racist. You would rather a child not have a good home & a good childhood then there adoped parents put abit more time into there hair. Think before you say something!!!

• 10 years ago

Are black people born with the ability to brush children's hair exceptionally?

Of coarse not, I wouldn't want my children in a loving home if it meant they had messy hair.

• 10 years ago

i think yes but only if the child will still be exposed to black culture and yes i think if u r gonna adopt a black child then yes u should know how to fix their hair

• 10 years ago

a) Don't be racist.

b) Why would a white woman not be able to do a dark-skinned child's hair? Unless it's some ridiculous US law, I don't see a reason at all why it would not be possible.

• gma
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

I think that would be the least of the worries parents would have in raising a child.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.