Spiritually speaking, are people who "believe" that dead people come back to life...?

...delusional, by definition?

@ "Time and chance":

I know you're trying really hard to SOUND intelligent, but you S*CK at it. You didn't convince anyone but yourself...which, I guess, is the whole point of RATIONALIZATION, after all. EPIC HILLBILLY FAIL. Try again, numbnuts...

Best Answer

Yes.

God is the advent of human mind's eye, a concept, a psychological convey at the same time. Our fact incorporates 2 supplies: actual fact and psychological constructs. psychological constructs are recommendations that don't exist in actual fact like appropriate and flawed, only appropriate and evil, racism, love and hate, possession, faith and politics. None of those concerns exist exterior our minds. actuality, now no longer difficulty, is the genesis of the coolest deal. The mathematical fashions and actual regulations of the universe that we've pronounced did no longer create our fact. they are in common terms contraptions which we use to narrate. recognition is what makes it achieveable for our fact to be perceived by utilising us. subsequently understanding has primacy over actuality. We understanding fact - - fact does no longer journey us. If difficulty had greater or rearranged by utilising random possibility to offer recognition then actuality itself would desire to be conscious. actuality does now no longer very own understanding - - we do! energy, difficulty, section and time do no longer must be substance to have the means to be actual to us they simply must be perceived and that's how regardless of can come from no longer something. If means and remember in many situations are no longer substance then they do no longer require a writer.

• No, neither by definition nor by point of fact. To be regarded as delusional by definition one must hold to a false belief which cannot be modified by reasoning or demonstration of facts. To be delusional in point of fact means subject to havind been deluded ie either misled of deceived. And Christians are neither. The short answer to your question is in fact "No" but to extenuate or simplify your question would be a disservice to the consideration it deserves. If in fact I actually believed that I did not believe in a particular thing (resurrection for example) it would constitute non-belief in an entity or physical property or phenomenon which in all likelihood cannot and/or does not exist because it can't be tested or proven. But resurrection is historically documented in the Bible and that is believable. Furthermore if I hold to a belief that I know by faith from trial of experience and application in my life then I am incapable of not believing that which I know to be true and therefore must be a Believer!

• Archer

The Catholic church once preached Re-incarnation then changed their beliefs for political reasons. Would that constitute delusional?

The raising of the dead is also a fundamental belief for Christians. Not re-incarnation but it is still "back to life", delusional?

Technically yes, but I would avoid comparing it with the mental disorder, as I have seen happen on here and in other places.

• LJM

I have only seen one and if I was delusional; then so were all of the doctors and nurses and staff of the whole hospital who declared her dead and were preparing her to go to the morgue.

So there's never been one recorded instance of a dead person coming back to life?

delusional definitely delusional

I don't think so. You need experience to decide for yourself. Go to countries where they practise black magic and you'll see. Saying this doesn't mean I believe though.

Yeah... delusional; there's no other word so apt.

~