Percy Jackson movie worth watching?

I wanted to go see the movie 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief' and I was wondering if the movie is worth watching. I read the book and I wanted to know if it follows the book or has changes. Thanks.

Best Answer

Well, if you are a hardcore Percy Jackson fan then watch it. But it's not as good as the book. The plot isn't even correct. There missing Dionysus (Mr.D), Clarisse, and Ares. Annabeth isn't blond and her eyes gray. Grover isn't what he's supposed to look like(Well I guess he's okay.) Percy fits his description but the characters don't even look twelve years old. Logan Lerman is 18. Brandon Jackson is 26, and Alexandria Daddario is 24. I'm hoping someone makes a different version of this movie before Sea of Monsters comes to theaters in maybe 2012. Chris Columbus did not do that good of work. Ares, Clarisse, and Dionysus are really important people.

Another thing, the DVD will probably be out around May 2010 or June 2010 because it didn't do the best in theaters. If it did well it would be out after two months.

Source(s): Me.

I love the books too but the movie totally changed the storyline. The plot is the same, Percy must find the master bolt and return it to Olympus. No mention of Ares or of Luke helping out Kronos and that he hates his father Hermes. After that its still an ok movie that great but ok. Its no Harry Potter.

It is nothing like the book. Me and my friends all thought it was horrible. The Washington Post disliked it to. Even without the book factor, it still stunk.

yes it is....well if u dont mind cheessy movies. :P it was more like..for little little kids but i guess if u enjoyed the books..u would wanna c the movie just cuz u would wanna know how it differs from the book :)

its nothing like the book. the movie is based on them finding those stupid pearls that, that one chick gave to him in a very small section of the book. and they took things from the other 4 books.

it sucked dont see it

best movie ever i loved it.. what made it worth while was the fact that Logan Lerman (the guy who plays percy jackson) was insanely good looking. :)

It was great. A nice film.

I watched it, I thought it was quit good, but not my favorite, (2012 is my favorite!)

• if you wanna see a genius at work check it out:)

i thought it was a stuped movie(my opinion only) :)