Anorexia?? what shall i do?

hiyaa ive kinda been like this since i was 12/13 and im now nearly 17 none of my family know because im soooo scared to tell them and ive never had it properly diagnosed but ive looked at the symptoms online for anorexia and ive got most of them :/ Symptoms of anorexia nervosa There are a range of... show more hiyaa

ive kinda been like this since i was 12/13 and im now nearly 17
none of my family know because im soooo scared to tell them and ive never had it properly diagnosed but ive looked at the symptoms online for anorexia and ive got most of them :/

Symptoms of anorexia nervosa

There are a range of symptoms associated with anorexia. If you have anorexia, you may:

- have a body weight that is much less than expected for your age and height - it isnt that low (5ft 5 and 107lbs but its been lower.... the lowest was 90lbs) oh and im 16 and female
- eat very little, if at all, or restrict types of food, such as any containing fat - yh i dont eat alot, sometimes i got without any food for a few days
- be secretive about food - im always like this and make lies up saying that i have eaten
- cut your food into tiny pieces to look as though you have eaten some, and become obsessed with what other people are eating - yh i cut food into little pieces so it looks like ive eaten some and im really slow at eating aswell
- deny being underweight or having a problem with food - i do kinda realise that there is a problem with my eating now but i still think im fat
- obsessively weigh, measure and examine your body - i always weigh myself and if ive put on any weight im upset for the rest of the day
- have a distorted body image - some people say that im really skinny and pretty but all i can see is me being fat and ugly
- be obsessed with exercise - yh i kinda am .... when im really bad i sometimes pretend that im going to my friends house to have dinner but then i dont go to my friends house i just go for a long walk so i skip diner and also exercise
- use appetite suppressants such as diet pills - no ive never had any diet pills i would want to but i cant because my mum would realise ... ive ate icecubes instead of food so i dont have any calories though
- make yourself vomit after meals or use laxatives or pills that remove water from your body - ive made myself sick after meals a few times... sometimes even blood comes up :/
- wear baggy clothes to disguise your weight loss - yh most the time but sometimes i wear baggy clothes (like my coat) because it covers my fat

Apart from weight loss, the physical signs of anorexia can include:

- losing hair from your head - yes all the time .... my hair is thinner than it was when i was younger and everytime i brush my hair or something a handfull of hear comes out
- having fine, downy hair on your body and face - yh i hate it !!
- feeling cold all the time - yh i always wear a coat and sometimes people are saying that there really hot and ive still got a coat on and im still abit cold
- altered sleeping patterns and insomnia - i can never get to sleep (the time i usually get to sleep is about 3/4 am)
constipation, bloating (feeling full) and abdominal (tummy) pain - yh :(
- puffy face and ankles - not really .... i sometimes have a puffy face but not that often
- light-headedness and dizziness - yes all the time!!
- tiredness with aching muscles - yh my mum always moans at me for being tired all the time
- difficulty concentrating - yes all the time
- mood swings and restlessness - yh i get angry really quick and i always cry now
- delayed puberty (as anorexia affects hormones)- no because i first came on when i was 11 (so it was before all this started)
- missing three or more monthly periods (in women or girls who aren't pregnant or taking the contraceptive pill) - i think i have once but its usually just missing two months or it being irregular

i really dont no what to do :( .... i cant tell any of my family or anything because dont want them to blame themselves or anything
i know its got worse though :(

do you think i am anorexic .... i think i am but i just dont really know how to deal with it properly :/