What is a senior seminar?

I have to take a senior seminar, write a senior thesis, or intern at a public place for an entire semester in order to graduate from college. I'd prefer not to do the latter two which leaves me with option one, the senior seminar. What is it though?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Each student writes a research paper of about twenty to forty pages and presents it at a designated class session. The other students have been given copies of it to read and the writer leads a discussion on the paper.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Senior Seminar

• ooooo
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

That can vary. Sometimes it's done like ownpool describes--a workshop on writing and research in conjunction with a thesis--but since you're given the choice between a thesis or senior seminar, it may be quite different in fact. Sometimes a senior seminar is just a more advanced course on a given topic in your major, something more like what you would take at the masters level, but all seniors. It might be more writing intensive than other courses, but not necessarily one big paper. I've seen it done both ways, and there may be other possibilities in subjects I'm less familiar with.

The best way of finding out what the senior seminar will entail is to ask the professor who will be teaching it. He or she can tell you. All anyone here can do is guess based on how their department does it, but it's not the same everywhere.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is a senior seminar?

I have to take a senior seminar, write a senior thesis, or intern at a public place for an entire semester in order to graduate from college. I'd prefer not to do the latter two which leaves me with option one, the senior seminar. What is it though?

Source(s): senior seminar: https://biturl.im/CQ7S3
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

The Best book for Senior Seminar is "How to be Successful with or without a College Degree" by Carlsbad Collins www.carlsbadcollins.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.