j n asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

My bathtub is clogged. The water goes down the drain but slowly help plz any ideas how i can fix this???

water drains down slowly any kind of home remeidies or chemicals i can buy or anyhow i can fix this clogged tub?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

this worked for me: take a gallon water jug. fill about half of it with water. put the mouth of it over the drain and push down hard and fast. the pressure will force the clog out.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Any home remedies or chemicals might fix the problem short term but all you are bascally doing is pushing what ever is clogging the drain further down. Eventually, you can't push it down any more and it clogs completely. Safest thing to do is have someone who knows what they are doing run a drain snake down the drain and bring up what ever is causing the clogging.

Source(s): 21 years married to professional plumber.
  • 4 years ago

If you have one of those sink stopper's, (to hold the water in the sink) I would check that first......That's were hair builds up at. Just grab the stopper and turn it (I think counter clockwise) It should come off.....Hair and gunk will be there. Clean it out, and if that isn't the problem then check the p-trap. Under the sink where the curve is....Pull it off and check if it's clogged. If that's not the problem then snake out the pipe, after you pull off the p-trap and you snake the pipe in the wall. If that doesn't work then snake out the vent pipe. That requires you to go on the roof and find the pipe where the bathroom sink is and snake that out......Hopefully that will take care of your problem...... Also I wouldn't use chemicals, they can do damage to your pipes..... Good Luck.......

• 1 decade ago

Use a plunger on it.

Fill up a few inches of water in the tub and try to get the plunger full of water before you push it down on the drain so you're plunging with water and not air.

Works every time.

Source(s): Personal experience.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

most likely it is a hair clog close to top of drain sometimes you can take a coat hanger apart and poke around in drain and either get hair out or push on down it this don't work pick up a bottle of draino.

• 4 years ago

Going Down Slow

• 1 decade ago

you could get some drain-o or the works might work or get a snake and run it down the drain to see if there is some clogging

• Pearl
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Honey this is an old remedy, but mix baking soda and vinegar together and pour it down the drain really fast after you mix it.

• 1 decade ago

ta ans 2 it is ..use a plugger....:-)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.