Why do people think that just because something is written in the Bible, it is automatically meant to be good?

Lots of human mistakes are recorded in the Bible. Murders, lies, evil deeds that God caused to be recorded so that we can learn from them and not repeat them.

Some people read these and jump to all sorts of conclusions. Why do they do that, in your opinion?
Update: Ah, "people expect moral superiority from God's chosen people..." I think you've hit the nail on the head right there.. People's idea of God does not gel with the reality of God.. they expect God and His people to always act according to THEIR standards and values and are disappointed when He... show more Ah, "people expect moral superiority from God's chosen people..."
I think you've hit the nail on the head right there.. People's idea of God does not gel with the reality of God.. they expect God and His people to always act according to THEIR standards and values and are disappointed when He doesn't.