What gives the USA the right to invade foreign countries and tell them what to do?

What gives the USA the right to go to other countries and do what they want to and boss the people around? Also why are there US Bases all over the world? When did they get the right to act like they own the world. I hear "This is the greatest country on the face of the earth" like they think this... show more What gives the USA the right to go to other countries and do what they want to and boss the people around?

Also why are there US Bases all over the world? When did they get the right to act like they own the world.

I hear "This is the greatest country on the face of the earth" like they think this is the only country
in the world.

Also why don't they get that to "protect the homeland" means to stay in their own country and help rebuild places that were destroyed by a weather disaster, and it also means to protect it in its boundaries not send most of the soldiers overseas which that country isn't the US.

You should only give help when they ask for it. Anyhow this will probably get deleted as it's not such a free country where freedom of speech don't exist only on paper. It's sad.
Update: why do people in the US still refers it as nazi germany i don't know ignorance i guess as many there didn't know what was going on or knew and had to do it or they would be killed themselves, people in the us don't understand that. I'm from Germany and am tired of hearing nazi this when that was... show more why do people in the US still refers it as nazi germany i don't know ignorance i guess as many there didn't know what was going on or knew and had to do it or they would be killed themselves, people in the us don't understand that.

I'm from Germany and am tired of hearing nazi this when that was Hitler and the people here don't understand people tried to kill him including Adenauer and many others. and if it wasn't for Germans there would be no us look up "there were Germans also there" and German inventors. you wouldn't have spark plugs or xray machine and many things. i like some answers and some not as they are smart alec in nature and don't want to look at it from other point of view.

i also don't see french, Chinese,Italian, British,German bases all over like the us has.
Anyhow interesting answers so far. also Americans stole things in WW2 from. and not everyone in Germany got help like they claim in US History. My grandparents had to give a gold watch for a bag of potatoes.
17 answers 17