Windows XP blue screen of death help?
Please guys I need some help.
Whenever I load up the computer game Battlefield 2, I get a blue screen and this message:
*** STOP: 0X00000004 (0X80502C38, 0X00000002, 0X00000008, 0X80502C38)
Beginning dump of physical memory
Dumping physical memory to disk:
This is getting extremely annoying and I need help.
By the way, if it helps, I have a logitech mouse. I've heard that that may cause problems?
Thanks in advance.
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Just as its name suggest, BSOD (blue screen of death) is one of the most general windows errors that every users will encounter everyday. When the blue screen happen, it means that something severe is going bad with your computer, specifically, your windows registry.The Windows registry refer to the data of the components such as hardware and software which are set up on the computer. Windows are guided by the registry on what to do and how to access the different software programs, files or processes.However, as time goes by, the registry may got corrupt and even harmful data, and Windows then have to carry ineffectual tasks and needless functions. A Rated registry cleaner can just do the magic. Registry cleaner utilities were produced for the purpose of removing the needless or useless entities from the registry. Simply speaking, the registry cleaner can clean up the bad information of your registry automatically.The main objective of a registry cleaner is to eliminate the unneeded items from the windows registry to ensure your computer will keep running quicker and with fewer errors.I should like to commend Registry Easy http://best-way-to-improve-pc-performance.com to you ! You can scan your pc for free! Good luck!
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The Stop 0xA message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel interrupt request level (IRQL) that was too high. A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own. This Stop message is typically due to faulty or incompatible hardware or software.
• A Stop 0xA message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.
• A Stop 0xA message might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (video or disk adapters, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.
• If you encounter a Stop 0xA message while upgrading to Windows XPl, the problem might be due to an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup. To avoid problems while upgrading, simplify your hardware configuration and remove all third-party device drivers and system services (including virus scanners) prior to running setup. After you have successfully installed Windows XP, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain compatible updates.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
In most cases, the build up of junk files in your registry is the main culprit of this trouble; this is due to the fact that area in your computer is very crucial because it is the central database of important files where most vital information and programs are stored. The accumulation of redundant items can significantly affect vital data because the build up can dislodge some of them from its proper location and cause others to be corrupted. The moment this scenario takes place, problems start to emerge and the dreaded blue screen of death appear which you need to immediately repair to prevent worsening the case.Consequently, one of the best solutions in managing the situation is to use registry cleaning tools http://make-computer-run-smoothly.com with great power and capacity to completely flush out all junk files and fix all errors found. By effectively keeping this area clean from all trashes, you can also effectively solve the problem and even optimize your computer's performance.
- 1 decade ago
Update BF2 and your Graphics Card Driver. If that doesn't fix it, unplug all your USB devices except the ones you really need. Make sure the needed ones have the latest drivers (joystick).
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
try uninstalling the program!...
or maybe ur computer's performance isnt enough to play games.. like RAM memory