Moving...where? I don't know how to find the right place...?

We live in southern Louisiana, but want to move somewhere else. Sick of the hurricanes, too many mosquitoes, not much of a winter, and too much humidity/heat. We have 6 outdoor cats that I'm hoping my parents will decide to take with us, but it's not looking good for some of them cause they're so comfortable roaming around here, I hardly ever see them except for when they come home to eat.

We also have a few small pets that aren't a concern but our 5 giant dogs are. We've been living on 5 acres out in the country for the whole 19 years of my life, so the same amount of land, or more, is highly preferred. The dogs are used to 2 fenced in acres so I'd never settle for anything less than 3. Weather is a high priority, that's one of the main reasons for leaving. My father has a very bad phobia over bad weather, and it's getting much worse each year. So somewhere with alot of storms/tornadoes is definitly out. I know, looking for paradise right? I mean somewhere like Kansas would be out cause isn't it tornado-alley? And with the present state of the economy, I have no clue where would be ok to move to. My mother needs to move somewhere that's easy to actually find a good job, right now she works as a teller in Regions bank and would like to stay in the banking business.

I have no clue where to even begin trying to find out about any of this stuff, we don't have the money to just drive around looking all over the country! How do you find out about the economy, weather, jobs, ect. How do people know where to move to?!

Anyway, any links, info, suggestions, advice is greatly appreciated.

How do you think Montana would be? I don't know anything about it, but it's somewher

Favorite Answer

Montana is a state in the Western United States. The western third of the state contains numerous mountain ranges; other 'island' ranges are found in the central third of the state, for a total of 77 named ranges of the Rocky Mountains. This geographical fact is reflected in the state's name, derived from the Spanish word Montana (mountain).

Montana's nickname is the "Treasure State." Other nicknames include "Land of Shining Mountains," "Big Sky Country," and the slogan "The Last Best Place." The state ranks fourth in area, but 44th in population, and therefore has the third lowest population density in the United States. The economy is primarily based on ranching, wheat farming, oil and coal in the east; lumber, tourism, and hard rock mining in the west. Millions of tourists annually visit Glacier National Park, the Battle of Little Bighorn site, and three of the five entrances to Yellowstone National Park. Montana is bordered by the Canadian Provinces of British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan on the north, Idaho on the west, Wyoming on the south and North Dakota and South Dakota on the east.

Montana ranks 44th in population; only six states (Alaska, Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, Vermont and Delaware) have fewer people. As of 2009, Montana has an estimated population of 974,989, slightly less than either Rhode Island or Hawaii, which is an increase of 72,799, or 8.1%, since the year 2000 and a 22% increase since 1990. Growth is mainly concentrated in Montana's seven largest counties, with the heaviest growth in Bozeman's Gallatin County, which saw a 78% increase in its population since 1990.

According to 2008 U.S. Census Bureau estimates, the population of the most populous metropolitan/micropolitan areas are:

Billings 152,005, Missoula 107,320, Bozeman 89,824, Kalispell 88,473, Great Falls 82,026, Helena 72,180, Butte 32,803.

According to the 2000 U.S. Census, 94.8% of the population aged 5 and older speak English at home.[16]

The center of population of Montana is located in Meagher County, in the city of White Sulphur Springs.[17]

While German ancestry is the largest reported European-American ancestry in most of Montana, residents of Scandinavian ancestry are prevalent in some of the farming-dominated northern and eastern prairie regions. There are also several predominantly Native American counties, mostly around each of the seven Indian reservations. The historically mining-oriented communities of western Montana such as Butte have a wider range of ethnic groups, particularly people of Eastern European and Irish ancestry, as well as people who originally emigrated from British mining regions such as Cornwall and Devon. Montana is second only to South Dakota in U.S. Hutterite population with several colonies spread across the state. Many of Montana's historic logging communities originally attracted people of Scandinavian, Slavic, and Scots-Irish descent. Montana's Hispanic population is particularly concentrated around the Billings area in south-central Montana, and the highest density of African-Americans is located in Great Falls.

• gabbey

regardless of what got here approximately there, it became into addressed by potential of Drutharaashtra as 'Dharmakshetra', without know-how that Bhagavatgeeta is going to be preached there or perhaps till now the 1st ball became into bowled interior the bout. "Dharmakshetre Kurukshetre Samaveta Yuyutsava: Maamakaa: Paandavaaschaiva Kimakurvata Sanjaya?" So the respond is obvious that it is not a cursed place. If dharma is holy, it should be a holy place! extra, to cite Swami Chinmayananda, a pupil on the Geeta, "Kurukshetra is a place the place untold non secular sacrifices have been finished. And something extra. Kurukshetra became into located between 2 sacred rivers: the Jumna and the Saraswati interior the Northwestern area of India. A river is consistently sacred. A river properties water. Water shows know-how interior the area of spirituality. And this know-how is often organic, unalloyed, sanctifying and energising. So we now come to examine why Kurukshetra became into referred to as dharmakshetra and not otherwise". @@a p e Sacrifice right here potential, 'Yagyas', no longer the sacrifice of any existence or deaths in conflict it quite is being noted by potential of the Sawimiji.