Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Do you think this 11-year old had the right to shoot someone who entered her house?

Shotgun Preteen vs. Illegal Alien Home Invaders:

BUTTE, MONTANA

Shotgun preteen vs. Illegal alien Home Invaders:

Butte, Montana November 5, 2007

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David 0Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news........an 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home, and herself......against two murderous, illegal immigrants......and she wins,

She is still alive.

Now that is Gun Control !

73 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

I am a retired Ca. Police Officer. I applaud Patrica and Montana law. If this had been Ca. She would have been charged for shooting the second suspect when he was trying to get away. In Ca. you cannot shoot anyone if they are leaving the scene of a crime they just committed. Here is an example. Two Riverside Police Officers received a call of an armed subject in a home. The person broke into the front house of a two house property. The girl friend of the owner was in the front house when the subject broke in and he tied her up. The burglar found the owners gun and ammunition. A few minutes after the break in the owner came home and fought with the burglar. It caused him to lose one eye. The burglar shot him in the head. During the ensuing fight the girl friend worked herself free and called 9-11. The Officers arrived in time to chase the suspect. They knew he was armed and shot the owner of the house. In the foot pursuit the suspect was going over a fence and was shot by the Officer in the buttocks. He was captured, went to trial, was found guilty and given a prison sentence. He also sued the Officers and won because they were not allowed to shoot someone leaving the scene of a crime. In Ca. if some one breaks into your home to steal your property you may not shoot them over property. You must be able to prove that your life was in danger. My belief is that if there is someone in your home at 3:a.m. and you wake up, your life is in danger. They could kill you with your own T.V. or stereo. Shoot the bastard and put a knife in his hand. Colorado had a law, and I don't know if it is still in affect, if you told someone to get off your property and they didn't you have the right to use deadly force. This law was used some years ago after a neighbor of a party thrower called the Police because of the late night noise. The party host, after the Police left went to the neighbors front door and started pounding on the door because he called the Police.. The owner of the door told him to get off the property or he would shoot him. The party boy refused and the neighbor shot him through the door. He was not charged.

We have had a Democrat Legislature for 40 years. They just raised all traffic violation fines. Red light camera is now over $600. Cell phone while driving went from $20 to over $400. a woman parked in a yellow loading zone for a few minutes. A parking violation. Should be a $40 or $50 dollar fine. With the new taxes and court fees for court security and lunch for the Judges the democrats have put into place her fine was $900. If you get a mechanical violation ticket, we were able just to sign them off after making sure the violation had been corrected and the person was on their way. Not now. You have to go to a Highway Patrol Office or Law Enforcement station and there is an $18,00 charge to sign it off then you go to court and pay again. This is the kicker. A woman went to court and beat the ticket. Not Guilty. Except there is a dismissal fee of $125.00. She was not guilty but had to pay a fee for being not guilty and going to court. This is why the Democrats in Sacrament have an 8 percent approval rating. Were I still an active Officer I would be giving a lot more verbal warning than giving citations.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Do you think this 11-year old had the right to shoot someone who entered her house?

Shotgun Preteen vs. Illegal Alien Home Invaders:

BUTTE, MONTANA

Shotgun preteen vs. Illegal alien Home Invaders:

Butte, Montana November 5, 2007

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia...

Source(s): 11 year shoot entered house: https://shortly.im/KKb9Q
  • 3 years ago

The incident never occurred. It is an urban myth. The laws vary by state, but you generally have a right to defend yourself if someone invades your home. I wouldn't shoot someone in that situation unless they had a firearm in hand or threatened me in some way. Otherwise an over-zealous anti-gun prosecutor may charge you with a felony crime (assault with a deadly weapon). Know the laws in your state and make sure you are in the right. And do not answer questions from the police until your lawyer is present.

• severn
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Ralphel Resindez 23 And Enrico Garza 26

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Awesome!! Everyone should be trained in the proper use of a gun and should be able to protect their home, their family and their property. Enough of the bleeding heart liberals who feel that no one has the right to own a gun. I was raised in a home where there were many guns and I was taught at a very early age how to handle a gun, how to properly use one and how to practice safety. There was never an issue with guns or with the fear that they would get in the wrong hands. We practiced proper gun rules and if we were in a situation where we needed to defend our property or save our lives, we could. My Mom did, in fact, face a home invader when she was home alone with 3 children under the age of 4. A man put a ladder up to our home and climbed in her bedroom window. He climbed in to face a gun being aimed at his face. He backed out the window and fell most of the way down the ladder and ran off but was caught by the police. If my Mom did not have a gun and know how to use it, things could have turned out in a much different manner.

I praise that brave little girl who had the guts to take care of the matter. I also praise her Dad for raising her to be able to use a gun properly. She should be awarded a medal for bravery and for having the courage to do the right thing. I am very proud of her and hope she receives the proper recognition that she deserves.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

She not only has the right, she deserves a medal. A courageous society would do just that, but the liberal base would rather bury a story such as this, for fear of sending out a powerful message that promotes the right to bear arms !

The dishonesty of the left has gone too far in this country. It starts at the top where the truth is decided based on the message sought. If the truth does not fit the message sought, it is bent and manipulated to fit the message sought. If that's not possible, the story is buried !

• 3 years ago

Patricia Harrington Butte Montana

• 10 years ago

Great Story and to bad , the thugs had to die. BUT everyone who wants to be legal has the right to bear arms. What if the 11 year old would not have been a trained Gun handler ? Those two thugs might have sexually abused her and killed her. This time the story had a great ending. I firmly believe every one has the right to protect their home and self. Since the beginning of this Great Nation our founding Fathers carried guns. For protection and hunting. They were forced to carry guns to protect themselves from Native Americans who would rampage and murder anything in sight. Way back in time. Americans don't need their guns taken away from them if they respect and obey the Gun Laws. It is the thugs who ruin it for everyone and they got what was coming to them.

• Yes he Did.

This is why ALL Obama's Gun Policies are wrong...

If Obama had his way, hed be Prosecuting that child right now as an Adult for a Felony.

Poster 1 is 1000$ Correct.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Enough of the bleeding heart liberals who feel that no one has the right to own a gun. I was raised in a home where there were many guns and I was taught at a very early age how to handle a gun, how to properly use one and how to practice safety. There was never an issue with guns or with the fear that they would get in the wrong hands. We practiced proper gun rules and if we were in a situation where we needed to defend our property or save our lives, we could. My Mom did, in fact, face a home invader when she was home alone with 3 children under the age of 4. A man put a ladder up to our home and climbed in her bedroom window. He climbed in to face a gun being aimed at his face. H

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.