Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

i want to work undercover(FBI & CIA) and like on a tactical team(SWAT or HRT), is this a good plan?

this is my plan...im going to a highshcool which specializes in homeland security.

after college: law enforcement(police, then to detective, then swat.) or military(marine), then go to the FBI, become a special agent, then HRT, then CIA.

whats better for my plan? police or marine?

Update:

so far..i speak, read, and write 3 languages(spanish, english, and dutch).

i understand lots of cultures, as i have a variety of background being and learning in different places

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Lets work the tape backwards a bit. The CIA does not want people who were SWAT team members or marines. They are looking for people who are good at foreign languages, understanding different cultures, blending in, and analyzing political and economic situations. Nothing in your projected career path comes within light years of that.

Secondly, by the time you make the rank of detective in a police force, you will at least be in your mid 30s. Which means the marines will have no interest in you. For that matter, going into SWAT after being a detective means dropping down a couple of ranks. But you'll be too old for SWAT at that point, too.

It sounds like you need to sit down with a knowledgeable guidance counselor, who can get you focused a little bit.

• 5 years ago

1. We don't know what the plan entailed. Considering all the extralegal practices of the Bush administration, I wouldn't be surprised if the plan was illegal in the extreme, both on a national and international level. 2. He stopped it because the information about it hadn't been provided to the 8 senators that are, by law, supposed to be told about it. To have gone forward with it would be to defy that law very directly. 3. We have no idea whether the plan would even have helped. Considering Bush always believed that the same methods to overtake Iraq could be used in Afghanistan, I don't trust a viewpoint that says this would have certainly been helpful. Generals on the ground in Afghanistan have always noted the situation there being entirely different.

• 1 decade ago

Your name said it all. Lala! You have no idea what kind of foolishness you ask of yourself in that field at all. Go ahead and spy on friends and let them use you as they see fit. A life of not knowing if you will see the dawn of a new day or not. Yea! Sounds good don't it?

• 1 decade ago

Learn some Farsi

Source(s): (?)
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • leeks
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Cia Tactical Team

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.