Robert W asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Someone offered me Josh Hamilton for Jason Heyward?

I dont think its a good deal; I have Torii Hunter, Nick Markakis and Michael Bourne as my other OFs along with Vlad Guerrero as a utility.

• Favorite Answer

i would stick with Jason Heyward, i mean your outfield will do fine with or without Heyward but it does not hurt to have a a guy who can step in and provide some production while one of your big time outfielders is injured, Josh Hamilton although being a very good power hitter is guaranteed to spend some time on the DL which does not bode well for fantasy owners plus lets say Heyward does not live up to his expectations, you can always go and pick up an outfielder to replace him (probably not going to give Josh Hamilton stats but better than nothing.), reject the deal and have a good season!

I value Hamilton at 52, while Heyward is at 58. I'd take Heyward.

hamilton is overrated imo. he has had one good year and a mostly disappointing career. stick with heyward. he's gonna be huge. if you want to trade heyward, ask for more.

its tough to turn that down,since heyward IS a rookie who hasnt proven a thing,however.....

i just dont trust hamilton,he's almost guaranteed to spend time on the DL....and heyward is gonna be a star.....he's just that good,and he's gonna win rookie of the yr.....i wouldnt do it.

Keep Heyward. He's going to have a monster year.