Undoing health damage?

So, I just turned 20 years old and i'm wondering a few things about my health. So, for the past 4-6 years i have not been as healthy perhaps as i should have been. I eat basically OK, but definitely not well enough. I am overweight and have high cholesterol and triglycerides. I was wondering, at this age can i reverse any damage that has been done to me through lifestyle change and daily/weekly exercise? I keep feeling like i've screwed myself up or something, but at my rather young age i feel like it may be reversible. Is it?

Favorite Answer

Absolutely! Eat healthy, exercise, don't smoke. You'll be fine!

PS: don't listen to these crackpots telling you to do colon cleanses and all that hocus pocus. Your body has natural processes to clean itself out. Your colon, for example, has a flora of bacteria that is necessary for the digestive process and "colon cleansing" does more damage to that bacteria than good. Just eat healthy and exercise regularly.

Hi Onion, Yes you can reverse it if you know how. First of all look in a phone book yellow pages under colonists. This is the right way to get well. Go to one and have a couple of colonics a month to start with. Try to fast a few days on real homemade juice. Do a liver and gallbladder clense. That is how Dr. Bernard Jensen helped people to reverse ill health. I am an herbalist and Iridologist, the study of natural health and I did it for 5 years in order to get my health back. I was very ill back in my 30's. I am almost 70 now. I still do it. I helped my husband loose 100 pounds. You need to clean the colon out first, and make sure your colon is moving an hour or so after each meal. High triglycerides means you are eating too much fat foods. Stop eating bread, butter, sugars except for some fruit. Chicken and fish twice a week. Eat alot of vegetables and salads. Get enough rest at least 8 hours a day. Use coconut oil it creates thermogenesis in the body which will help you loose weight faster and it is safe. It actually burns up the calories faster. Remember to eat smaller meals and 5-6 of them a day. Eat lighter in the evening, Make breakfast your largest meal and dinner your lightest. THese are the three most important things to be aware of: Digestion, assimilation and elimination. You need to make sure you are digesting your food well and assimilating the nutrients and you are eliminating the waste in a timely manner. Use food digestions aids if you don't digest well. Also take a good multivitamin. Hope that helps. Bonita

Source(s): Experience

keep eatin them gyros jontron! <3

• 5 years agoReport

Dude SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Getting and keeping fit and healthy, is a good habit to get into. At 20 your body is remarkably resiliant, and will give you a long and healthy life, by getting fit now. It becomes much harder as you age.

Source(s): Medical Training, i'm 55 now, and find it's much harder to stay fit, when it's easier to take a nap and eat junk food.

From what I've seen in your Goosebumps video, you look fine!

FAITH!

Believe first and then do.

There has been proof of this in psychlogy

DO: I would start with cardio

Read this article and you will understand why

http://spoctorsam.wordpress.com/