Drug test really soon scared I'm not going to pass! Please Help!?

I've made a huge mistake. I smoked a joint with my friends a week ago and in 3 days I have to take a drug test for a new job. Yeah after 24 years I finally get a good job didn't see it coming. What do I do? I know I made a mistake so don't give me the whole it's your fault cuz I know. I didn't toke out bad but I'm scared because I really need this job. What do I do and how long will it take to get out of my system. Thanks so much!!!!

Favorite Answer

I suggest you to check this website out

http://www.passadrugtestingforall.com/tips-getting...

THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) can stay in a person's body for as long as 3 to 90 days after smoking or being ingested orally.

There are numerous determining factors for how long drug toxins stay in a persons body which vary from person to person, such as the analytical method used, your health, your body weight, metabolism, fluid intake, the type of drug toxin, and the degree of exposure to the drug toxin.

Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, one of nearly 400 chemicals in a cannabis plant, accounts for most of marijuana's psychoactive, or mind-altering, effects. The strength of the drug is determined by the amount of THC it contains which varies from plant to plant. Marijuana stays in your system for different amounts of time depending on how often you smoke it, how much you smoke, and the makeup of the individual (weight/height/etc.).

If you smoke it occasionally it will remain in your system for up to 10 days.

If you smoke marijuana on a regular basis it will stay in your system for as long as 45 days, and if you smoke marijuana at a constant pace, it can stay in the body for 90 days. Marijuana is fat soluble. It stores in the fat cells of the body, the brain, the liver, the kidneys, in other words the major organs.

Delta-9-THC enters the bloodstream rapidly after smoking (in minutes) or more slowly when ingested orally (20 minutes to 1.5 hours). It is rapidly metabolized into inert molecules known as metabolites. These chemicals also have the word Tetrahydrocannabinol in them and are called THC, which can be quite confusing.

Delta-9-THC is detectable in the blood for a few hours,

but none of this active chemical is found in the urine or stored in the fatty tissues such as the liver and brain.

What is frequently described as THC's lingering in the body fluids and organs are metabolites of Delta-9-THC, the inert substances that the body disposes of in the urine and excrement, in much the same way as it disposes with Vitamin A. It is these that are detected in the body organs and urine, long after the effects of Delta-9-THC have worn off. These metabolites can linger more than 90 days in some cases. For occasional users, an average of 13 days was recorded. Some people had metabolites detectable for just three days; others found the substances still in the urine after up to 30 days

The best way to figure this for your own body is to set up a control for your own use. Smoke your average bowl or joint or marijuana at one sitting (if you smoke more than 2, go right ahead but make sure you smoke it all less than 1 hour) , and wait 3 days (no smoking any at all) then take a drug test bought from a drug store, if it turned out positive, you need to wait 3 more days and repeat the process.

Many people would think this would be a waste of time, but I have proven it for myself and saved my job many times (cannabis stays in my system for 15 days) and saved me money not buying detoxification drinks. It is better to know for sure, than to guess. That way you can control your use in a better way and still have a good time!!

If it is a urine or blood test you shouldn't have muchly to worry about, just drink plenty of water (at least 2L a day) over the next few days. However if it is a hair folicle test sometimes used in courts for testing for marijuana usage, there's really nothing you can do as traces of THC (the active ingredient) will remain in tiny amounts in your hair for upwards of six months, assumin you have short hair. Don't worry. You'll be fine. Good luck.

Source(s): Work experience at a police forensics laboratory.

The drug will be detectable in testing for about 30 days. There is nothing you can do to reduce this time frame.

Source(s): I work in a substance abuse treatment center.