Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 10 years ago

Why do people think the Nets will be bad for the next 5 years?

I know they were threatening to break the record for the worst record in the history of the NBA, but it's not like they can't get drastically better in 1 year. You me to tell me that the Nets can't get 1 superstar player to come here despite being this bad this year. Jason Kidd made the Nets a great team after being a joke for many years. If I were the Nets I would try to draft either John Wall or Evan Turner and then get Amare Stoudemire. People reading this will say "Stoudemire will not go there," but Stoudemire never proclaimed that he said he wouldn't. Mark my words if the Nets can get Amare Stoudemire and either John Wall or Turner in the draft, they will be a 49 win team in 1 year. Sure their bench might not be great, but I would take a starting 5 of Wall, Harris, Lopez, Stoudemire, and a decent starting forward any day. So what do you guys think?

Favorite Answer

It's entirely possible the Nets will be able to sign Stoudamire and draft Wall. Then what? You've got an underachieving PF and a rookie PG. That combination is going to win 49 games in their first year?

The Nets have a chance to lay the foundation for a good team. They won't be a .500 team for two or three years.

it wasnt just jkidd he had vince n jefferson.

Y would Amare choose NJN over Miami, NY, Chicago. All those teams have better rosters and can offer same contract. Miami has Dwade Be easy Q rich O neal. NY has T mac Gallinari Lee Chandler Chicago has Rose Deng Noah.

And there is a chance NJN wont get Wall or Turner.

they do not have veterans in their team