can you get pregnant while on your period?

Favorite Answer

Only if you have a very irratic and dysfunctional cycle in which you ovulated within a few days before your period or while on your period.

I always wonder why the answer that the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the Association of Women's Health, Obstetrical and Newborn Nurses, the Mayo Clinic, and Planned Parenthood give, gets thumbs down? I would guess that those who don't like my answer are the ones that don't have a damn clue about how the menstrual cycle works!!!

I would suggest to all of you that are dead-set that you can conceive when you are on your period go read a book on fertility.

Those of you that "got pregnant while on your period" or "know someone who did" need to see a physician or have your friend that got pregnant see her physician ...because it's not normal and is most often indicitive of a much larger problem involving the thyroid, the reproductive system or entire endocrine system (think "carcinogenic".....).

Yes, Kassie, sperm can live that long, but if ovulation is occurring within 5 days of a period, the cycle is dysfunctional and should be evaluated....like I said above...it's most often the indicator of a bigger problem! Besides that, once the cervix has opened and the uterine lining is shedding, the blood and the hormone levels change the ph balance of the vagina and the cervix, plus the crypts within the cervical wall, and that makes it quite inhospitable for sperm to survive.

Source(s): OB RN X 14 years, Fertility Awareness Educator,

properly I even have pay attention stranger thangz so i advise yah prob yet not liky u ov like 13-14-and 15 day of ur era so u count quantity the a million day u startlike if u start up nov 22u count quantity 13 14 15 dayz it would b the three 4 and 5 day 2 get prego u ov 3 dayz out da month purely!!!

Absolutely

If that is when you ovulate then yes you can. However only about 2% of women ovulate during, or just after, their period so it's rare. But if you don't track your ovulation you need to assume that you are ovulating anytime you have sex and use birth control.

there is always a 25% chance for a woman to get pregnant when they aren't ovulating..

so yes

I have found some good tips in following link, It may be good for you too

http://www.besttipszone.com

• yes, you can. sperm can live in your vagina for 5 days, allowing an egg to be fertilized. So just to be safe, don't have sex.

Source(s): ***a little research***

YES. that's how my sister got pregnant...

yes.

YES, YOU CAN.