OK, so i still have braces but they are coming off soon. A couple things I did when i got them was
1. Drink hot tea; don't just swallow the tea, hold it around your teeth and it soothes the pain. drink it slowly.
2. Take some ice and rub in on your gum. Your basically numbing your mouth. Gets a bit cold but trust me, this works.
3. Try to sleep a lot, you don't feel anything when you're asleep.
4. Some pills like Tylenol or Advil. I used Tylenol.
5. I always enjoyed to brush my teeth for extended periods of time. For some reason it gave me some form of comfort.
6. Believe it or not, pressure. Just bite down and close your mouth as tight as you can. It hurts to do it but for some reason neutralized the pain for me. (Yes, this sounds ridiculous and prob doesn't work to well lol)
*Listen up, your braces will get tightened monthly and that will cause the same pain your are experiencing right now. Just don't what ever works for your and the pain will pass in a few days.*
My own experience.
· 9 years ago