Why my fuel pump relay shuts off?

If i drive a Ford Taurus 2003 SE. A while back my car started acting weird..The fuel pump relay will shut off and i will start loosing fuel pressure until my car will die,after a quick on and off with the key switch(turn off the car and turn on again) it will work again for maybe 10 or 15 min and it will start... show more If i drive a Ford Taurus 2003 SE. A while back my car started acting weird..The fuel pump relay will shut off and i will start loosing fuel pressure until my car will die,after a quick on and off with the key switch(turn off the car and turn on again) it will work again for maybe 10 or 15 min and it will start messing again.It can pass weeks without this issue and if i drive the car at low rpm it will not happen(well sometimes)but most of the times it does it when I'm driving at high rpm for long periods of time,for e.g when driving fast on the freeway.I changed the fuel filter and it was really dirty.One time it blow the relay so it's new.The fuel pump does not make any noise.I believe it has something to do with the fuel pressure sensor if this car has one.This is my theory: the fuel pump puts out the normal operating pressure and the fuel pressure sensor tells the relay to shut off the pump until more pressure is needed, but when that moment comes somehow the fuel pressure sensor does not know(may be faulty) and the fuel pump stays off and the pressure will drop until it's not reaching the injectors and the car dies.After i turn it off and back on everything resets and it's start working normal.That's my theory but i am not a mechanic, that's why i come here for help because two minds think more than one.Thank you to all....
2 answers 2