Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

To foreign guys married to Filipinas:Why did you chosed Pinay over woman of your own ethnicity?

Why did you:

preferred a foreigner

travelled thousands of miles

endured a long-distanced relationship

instead of searching within your country.

Elaborate pls.Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I am not married to a Filipina or dating one but I will answer this question to give you a perspective on why a foreigner might fall inlove with a Filipina instead of a woman from his own country and same ethnicity.

After all there are alot of attractive women in America that are approachable. All you have to do is walk up to a girl that you like and start to talk. You can find out alot about her without even going on a date. If she is single then you can meet up with her later and see how things go. Unfortunately dating in America is not always that easy and varies from guy to guy. For instance a recent survey of American females suggested that as much as 80% of them were fat and a large percentage of them were even obese. It is hard to find attraction when you are up against such strong statistics. Of course if you don't mind the extra weight that shouldn't be a problem. How about interpersonal skills and interaction? Suppose you are one of the lucky ones that manages to find a date that isn't fat or obese does that mean you are really compatable and have alot in common? Not at all. The truth is compatability is very important for long term relationship survival. How do you think your relationship is going to hold up through the years if you don't have anything you two like to discuss? That could be a huge problem. There isn't just one thing that makes a relationship work but multiple things and if one of those things is not right then it will cause strain on the relationship down the road.

So is traveling thousands of miles to the Philippines the answer? The short and quick answer to that question is no. Let's start off with why a foreigner would even entertain the idea. The first thing I noticed on my first trip to the Philippines was all the stares I got from all the women. These stares started the moment I got off the plane at NAIA. I wasn't getting stares from a population of women that were round but from slim, attractive young and middle aged women alike. I immediately felt more confident in myself and I hadn't even spoken one word to anybody! It seemed that everywhere I went I was always getting smiles and all sorts of attention from very beautiful, fit women. This is quite a bit different from how the women in my own country reacted to me and it was flattering. In fact to a certain degree it was hypnotizing. I felt like I could go almost date anybody and the fear of rejection completely went away because I knew that 3 feet away there was another girl smiling at me just in case the girl directly in fron of me said no. This continued to be my perception for my first several trips there. However I began to question how I was feeling and wondering if it was reality or if these women were really good long term relationship potential. The more I observed the more I learned. For instance I would notice that a Filipino male that was a heck of alot better looking than me would not get all the attention I got. I visited internet cafes and observed Filipinas online in chat rooms with 8 different white men on their screen as they chatted with them all. I observed high class Filipina ladies who did not give me those seductive smiles and did not go out of their ways to throw extra attention in my direction. When I say high class I am talking about wealthy or middle class Filipina professionals (doctors, lawyers, business consultants). There came a point when I began to see Filipinas as being the same as Americans. The Filipinas that did not give me attention tended to be from wealthier familes and would not gain so much in material wealth by being married to me. The Filipinas that did give me attention tended to be from poorer familes and would have substantially gained in material wealth by being married to me. I asked myself what if I was poor? Would I have all this attention then? The answer was always a resounding no. Everytime I met a girl in the Philippines there was always a set of questions that these women would ask that could have been aimed at culculating my net worth and did not seem to me to be just casual conversation pieces.

All in all I have to say that the attention that a foreign man gets by Filipinas in the Philippines is unmatched anywhere in America. In other words women in America won't hypnotize you by throwing so much attention your way (unless you are Bill Gates). American women will give you attention if they like you though. Although there are many American women that aren't attractive and lack the ability to hypnotize a man, I find that I have alot more in common with American women than I do with Filipinas. I would rather go out to lunch with a woman that is slightly over weight and talk about things that we are both interested in then go out to lunch with a smoking hot Filipina that is asking me about my job, what kind of car I drive, and if I rent a house or own one. That's right! I actually had a Filipina ask me that one time.

Source(s): Life

1

Source(s): Fix A Broken Marriage http://enle.info/SaveYourMarriage

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why did you:

preferred a foreigner

travelled thousands of miles

endured a long-distanced relationship

Elaborate pls.Thanks!

Source(s): foreign guys married filipinas chosed pinay woman ethnicity: https://shortly.im/h9Zh7

Pinay Women

As a former divorcee and an average middle aged white guy I married a Filipina last year. I wasn t looking for love overseas, but at 49 years old I was getting rejected by American women I think in part by materialism. It seemed like most of my dating relationships with American women started well enough. Soon after several dates either I wasn t making enough money, had a big enough home, or a nice enough car. Even if I met other white women in my same age and social structure. They always wanted to marry up rather than have a cooperative partnership where we both contributed to our long-term goals. So I was introduced to a Filipina that had never found love herself within the Visayas area of the Philippines. We both felt soon into the relationship we were soulmates made for each other. She never once asked me how much money I made, how big of a house I had, or what type of car I drove. She couldn t care less. She seemed to really like me for me. I m still finding that to be true now she has been with me in the U.S. over the past year. Plus Filipinas are proud to be women and to love and support a husband is not demeaning to them. My wife works and contributes, but more importantly she runs a nice clean home abounding in love. I’m proud to be her partner in all of life’s ups and downs. I even love the close sense of family she has brought into our relationship. It’s been a real blessing. A very happy outcome for us both.

Jason - SLC

I respect you point of view and the comparison to your experiences. We filipina are all different were also just human, especially if we are from different perspective of life. We aren't all that poor nor rich mostly we are not bless by wealth but the most important of all that we inherent as a filipina we are more family oriented, we worked hard just for our family and even working far away just to pull-up the state of our family is always a goal. We never tend to depend on others unless they're the one who offers it but still we also have our own dignity and morality.. If we ever do married an old foreigner or obese one it doesn't mean we just stayed with them just for money, we also learn to love people who deserve to be loved and to take cared of and we also understand their intentions behind all the reason why, they come across the world just to met and marry a filipina.

Don't compare all filipina even if we aren't all educated. We always manage to survive even if with or without marrying a foreigner.

JUST STANDING UP FOR OUR SIDE AS A FILIPINA :) peace^_^

Every filipina that I have met online or in person during my nine vacations in Manila, Davao and Mati tell me the same reasons they like white American men. Because 90% of the filipino men will get them pregnant and leave immediately. Filipinos have another gf somewhere usually and sometimes have as many as three women pregnant at one time. This is the number ONE reason filipinas look to Americans. And as someone else answered on here, some american men have exhausted their efforts in the west to find a good mate. American women come with too much baggage.... they are materialistic, usually up to their eyes in credit card debt, and as soon as someone with washboard abs comes along their pants are coming off. I think american women and Philippine men should be matched as revenge for both their behaviour.

Western women are raised in a modern context and in America that translates to becoming brash, condescending, disrespectful, (hateful to men in the most feminist of them), disconnected from nature generally and just lacking what asian women still have.

Japanese and Filipina women are the best, they still embody the beautiful traditions from their culture. I can't speak for any others accept for Korean women, they are crazy, stay away from them. I think its due to how the war messed them up over time but more so their cultural tendencies to be crazy-wierd.

as point of view why guys married to filipinas because they know how to communicate in social life where ever they go across the country. Filipinas are loving, caring and workaholic so on and so for, just the way how you treat them. It's hard to define what's love for us. Respect nobody's perfect <3

Source(s): Open Minded

3

2

Source(s): Seduce a Woman http://SeduceAnyGirl.enle.info/?Iokb