What is your easiest favourite recipe for your favourite Home made Soup ?

I love soup.

• Chris
    Favorite Answer

I made a lovely soup to start a meal the other day.Quick,easy and good for you.

Broccoli

Single Cream

Nutmeg

Onions

Garlic

Very easy to fix in 10-15 mins while doing other stuff.

Boil some water

Chop the Broccoli up a bit...don't worry...small is good......especially the stalk.

Throw the Broccoli into a big saucepan and add the boiled water and simmer for 10mins.

Fry the chopped onions and chopped garlic and throw into the saucepan.

Add a sprinkle of Nutmeg

Whisk with electric whisker till a liquid

Add the single cream and serve.

Can throw some chives on top.

Pea Soup perhaps?

Serves 2

a head of garlic

2 teaspoons olive oil

200g frozen peas

25g butter

2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan

200ml vegetable or chicken stock, heated

150ml double cream, or to taste Lop the top off the head of garlic; you want to see the tops of the cloves just revealed in cross section. Cut out a square of foil, large enough to make a baggy parcel around the garlic. Sit the garlic in the middle of it and drizzle with the olive oil. Make a loose parcel around the garlic, sealing the edges of the foil. Put in an oven preheated to 200°C/Gas 6 for about an hour, until soft.

Cook the peas in boiling salted water as usual. Drain and tip into a food processor, squeeze in the soft cooked cloves of garlic, add the butter and Parmesan and half of the stock. Process to a creamy puree. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and add the remaining stock. Check the flavour and add cream to taste. Heat gently, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.

I make beef stew that has been known as Azz Stew. Apparently, it took more than my first time to perfect this luscious concoction. My guests called it that because it really wasn't too appealing at first. I was actually looking for guinea pigs to sample my own cooking before I tried it myself!

1. Peel two large potatoes, then dice. Add 2 quartz of water and beef broth (combined) in a large stew pot, along with one chopped sweet or yellow onion. Then add corn and green beans to taste. I love tomatoes so I chop up sufficient amounts according to appearance and taste. I also throw in a bay leaf to kill the acidity.

2. Next brown 2 pounds of diced chuck roast with garlic cloves in a pan lined with olive oil.

3. I then include the meat and drippings into the pot of veggies. I then put it on simmer and let it slowly cook for 2 hours. With about 15 minutes to go before serving, I add parsley, red beans, and maybe a little yellow flour to thicken the broth, but it depends if you desire a thickened bowl or just a soup.

4. If you'd like, add egg noodles or rice. I don't because excessive starch means more carbs.

5. Serve and eat to your heart's content. I usually make some cornbread or biscuits and iced tea to go with it.

• Pamela

Chicken Noodle soup

• BeBe

I love this soup, sometimes I leave out the curry.

CORN AND CRAB BISQUE

1/4 c. chopped onion

1/4 c. butter

2 tbsp. flour

1/4 tsp. curry powder

4 c. fresh or frozen corn

4 c. milk

1 c. heavy cream

Salt and pepper to taste

1 lb. crab meat

Saute the onion in butter. Add flour and curry powder and cook for 2 minutes. Chop corn in food processor; add to onion mixture and cook 5 minutes. Add milk, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in crab meat. Serve hot, topped with crumbled bacon, if desired. Serves 10.

In a big saucepan pan fry one chopped onion, add chopped 1 lb potatoes, 2 chopped leeks, some black pepper and 2 pints of chicken stock.Add any other vegetables you fancy .Cook on simmer for an hour, then use a potato masher to crush up the big bits .Season with salt and pepper. Add more water if it needs it ,or stir in a tablesp cream just before serving .Delicious and simple.

MMM this one is looovely

Chicken stock + water

add - chicken, sweetcorn, mushrooms

when the ingredients have cooked

Add two eggs and wisk gently for only a few secs

VOILA! -

(This is my "a little simpler" version of the chinese chicken sweetcorn soup recipe :)

- The original has gelatine and stuff but I actually prefer this one :)