What's the best way to lose around 10 pounds in a couple of months? (Male, Measurements included)?

I'm about 147 - 148 lbs and 5'7 inches tall. i'm a male, 18 years old with a waist of about 30 inches measured. I've been gradually decreasing about 6 pounds over 2 months for the past 4 months or so but i really need to get down to about 135 - 138 LBS range by May 22nd. (special event). What's the best way to do so? Right now I lift for about an hour and play basketball for cardio for about 2 - 3 more hours so a grand total of a 4 hour workout EVERYDAY. I drink water, and never ever ever ever eat out. Just microwavable vegetables. Although I do eat a lot of cereal.

thanks.

Favorite Answer

The first thing you should know : DO NOT GO ON A DIET

It does not work! It'll only make you gain more weight. Trust me, it's proven all over the world

Number two: BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU EAT

Foods that are high in sugar or fats should not be taken at all!

examples: fast food, chips, sweets, canned drinks.

take a look at this pyramid:

http://web.mit.edu/athletics/sportsmedicine/Food%2...

Take food which only belong to the Bread, Cereal group, Vegetable group, and Fruits group

Meat eggs and milk yoghurt group can be taken, but not all the time. Probably 4 times a week.

DO NOT TAKE OIL SWEET GROUP! NO WAY!

Number three: EAT LESS, EAT MORE TIMES

you can eat up to 5-6 meals a day, BUT each meal is a small amount.

Eat less in quantity, more in frequency. This is very very effective.

Number five: TAKE FOOD WHICH HELPS LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE & CHOLESTEROL

a good food that helps you lower your BP is GRREN APPLE JUICE

but remember, do not take in large amounts on a regular basis, it can cause dizziness.

take about 3 times a week, a cup full will do.

Number five: DO NOT EAT 3 HOURS BEFORE YOU SLEEP

this is a BIG NO NO. your body is not capable of processing your food properly while you are asleep. they will turn into fats.

Number six: EXERCISE

exercise at least 4 times a week, at least 60 minutes per time

Number seven: BE DETERMINED

BE DETERMINED! do not cave into temptation when you see fast food, chips, cookies, sweets, etc etc. Do not touch them! Always persevere to the end!

Number eight: SUPPORT FROM FAMILIES & FRIENDS

Psychology plays a big part too. You'll be more efficient with moral support from friends or families. You'll be motivated to do better :)

Number nine: NO MICROWAVE FOOD, PLEASE

microwaved food contains radiation which can cause cancer to the body.