Clean rabbits pee stained butt?

I used to have wire bottom cages for my bunny but now we upgraded and they are solid bottom. He is getting pee stains around his butt/crotch area and it is very messy and stinks. I tried wiping it and I've resorted to bathe him, twice, with sensitive pet shampoo with not much luck. Hes good about cleaning... show more I used to have wire bottom cages for my bunny but now we upgraded and they are solid bottom. He is getting pee stains around his butt/crotch area and it is very messy and stinks. I tried wiping it and I've resorted to bathe him, twice, with sensitive pet shampoo with not much luck. Hes good about cleaning himself it just seems stuck, is this normal? He has a litterbox in his cage that he won't use, he just likes to sit in it. I have wood shavings down, tried not putting anything down so he would go in the litterbox but he peed all over the cage, usually he only pees in one area, unless the litterbox is there then he'll pee somewhere else. Any ideas? His feet aren't even dirty just around his genitals area. He's a holland lop, about a year and half old
4 answers 4