Pistonsfan101 asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

what is the best airline to travel to india?

the airline tht prob. is gonna be most empty, not alot of ppl traveling on...

frm USA

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This is a more complex decision than you think. The first major consideration is in which Airline Alliance system you are frequent flyer in. The roundtrip is about 20,000 miles to India and back, so it can help getting a free ticket for next year’s spring break. 25K frequent flyer miles will get you a round trip ticket anywhere in the US.

A lot depends on where you are coming from in the US and the where you are going to India. So, I will go over the four various scenarios: If you are coming from the US West Coast and going to Delhi or Mumbai, then you should fly on Cathay Pacific. Cathay is very good service and lots of seatback entertainment options. This way, you have only one stop in Hong Kong from either San Francisco or LAX. If you are coming from the US West Coast and going to a mid-size city like Chennai, Hyperbad, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Kolkata, you should fly on Singapore Airlines or Emirates Airlines. Again, Singapore has high quality service and hotter stewardesses. Ideally, you don’t want to have change planes in Delhi or Mumbai, before you go on to your final destination. The Indian airports generally suck and you take a bus to get from the International terminal to Domestic Terminal, and then go back through security again. If you are flying from the East Coast to Delhi or Mumbai, Delta, American and Continental all have direct flights to one or both of the big cities from New York, Newark, Chicago or Atlanta. If you are going to one of the mid size Indian cities from the US East Coast, try Emirates, Lufthansa or Jet Airways. Lufthansa has its major hub in Frankfurt, Germany. Then flies to seven different cities in India. Jet Airways does a similar thing but out of Brussels, Belgium. Emirates does the same thing out of Dubai.

My Indian coworkers tell me to avoid Air India at all costs. They are run by bureaucrats, the planes break down all the time, they have crappy service and are frequently late. Something to think about when going on a 20-30 hour flight.

Pauly

PS Try Indian Travel experts: Legend Travel in Fremont, CA -- 510 797-9010

Source(s): Been to Indian twice.
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what is the best airline to travel to india?

the airline tht prob. is gonna be most empty, not alot of ppl traveling on...

frm USA

Source(s): airline travel india: https://tinyurl.im/qcSp1
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Yes, the last time I went to India, they do ask for an ID at domestic airports ( I was travelling from Chennai to Hyderabad) so I guess you would need a passport. Unless you have some other identification- that says you are an Indian!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Examine the town that never rests and is definitely abuzz with activity. That city is Mumbai! Discover it with hotelbye . Mumbai is in all methods a mega-city driven by energy, wealth, glamour and popularity which attracts persons to offer form with their desires and aspirations. Mumbai can be an area with powerful famous links, amazing British architecture, museums, beaches, areas of worship, and above all, a real universe of stars wherever Bollywood reigns supreme. You can't visit Mumbai and not have enjoyment on its beaches and the 2 hottest beaches will be the Juhu Beach and the Chowpatty Beach.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Maybe yeah

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

that is a tricky question...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.