Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Obama Betrays All Native Americans! ... Is the PACT act racial profiling, a violation of the 14th amendment?

Seneca Nation of Indians Accuses President Barack Obama of Deliberately Betraying Native Americans by Signing the PACT Act

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/seneca-nat...

• Favorite Answer

it is backed by big tobacco. that should be the first tip off that this is NOT about health. this is about eliminating competition to said big tobacco.

it is also the typical response to any legitimate native business that makes us self sufficient. your governments do not want us to prosper. there is a reason we are the poorest group in the country usa and canada. it is deliberate and driven by the same intent that stuck us on what they thought was worthless lands back when reservations were instituted.

the indian wars never ended. the genocide is still being committed...they just stopped reporting on it.

Source(s): mohawk

The 14th amendment describes the inability of States to make laws that conflict with the Constitution and also says that laws should be followed before rights are infringed upon. Note that it does not describe the types of laws that have to be enacted in order to do this. Nor does it say that the Constitution has the final say in what "privileges or immunities" are. Racial profiling is a way of making the sample size smaller when you're looking for individuals. It's a tool. By itself, it doesn't violate the Constitution. However, it's normally applied in such a ham-handed way which leads to treating everyone who fits the profile as automatically suspect. That's where I have a problem with it, how it's applied and interpreted by the people on the front lines.

This act is absolute BS. They say its "for the kids" but thats not true, its just a power grab to get more tax revenue. I mean seriously, how can a kid order cigarettes through the mail? Unless he/she has his own card, and lives by himself, his parents would notice either the strange charges on the billing statement, or the cartons of cigarettes suddenly coming in the mailbox. It would take some incredibly incompetent parents for a child to get away with that. They will just get an older friend, or a random sketchy guy hanging out by the gas station to buy cigarettes for them (i should know, i was once an underage smoker).

• ?

They have taken everything away that they can. I can't think of another thing they could take away. Oh well, They'll think of something. We have a commander and chief that smokes like a chimney taking cheap cigarettes away from the poor in this country, But I forgot!!!! We the tax payer buy his cigs. for life too. This President makes me sick to my stomach as does this congress and administration.

• ?

Good, I don't even think we should have native reserves. Many of them have terrible living conditions and they keep natives segregated from society. We should get rid of reserves and special treatment. It would be tough for the current generation, but it would make it so future generations could live more happily within society. Were always saying "racism is bad". Well surprise, racism isn't just when you treat a race badly, it's when you treat them differently at all. They are biologically just like anyone else. Once integrated they'll do just as well as anyone else. And if they want to really keep true to their heritage then don't live in a trailor buying goods with government dollars, that's not living with anything close to heritage. Become like the omish and actually seclude yourself from our worldly goods.

Then the Indian Nation needs to have their own Post Office

Yeah Obama restricted mail order cigarettes because he hates native Americans.

Source(s): crazy land.

Normally I hate both Injuns AND the Devil's Weed, but because this is NObama I'm outraged!!!

Who? Is this the Patriot Act?

All 13 of them?

Source(s): And I've known some scary, drunk, knife fighting Indians - I used to have run ins with them when my band played in Sacramento.
  • ?

native americans have their own "country". he can't do anything to them but take away their reservations and he wouldnt be that stupid