How do you get a tranny out of a 2000 Chevy Silverado?

Hi ya'll! Well my dear grandson is having problems with his big ole Silverado truck. He had the thing at his friends house yesterday and his friend put a new tranny in it. He got upset when he went to get the truck because he said it was the wrong kind of tranny. He had lots of problems driving it home because... show more Hi ya'll! Well my dear grandson is having problems with his big ole Silverado truck. He had the thing at his friends house yesterday and his friend put a new tranny in it. He got upset when he went to get the truck because he said it was the wrong kind of tranny. He had lots of problems driving it home because the tranny stick kept poking him in the leg and distracting him. He nearly got in an accident! He said it's really loud and makes a lot of strange, deep noises. He parked the darn thing down the street and really needs help getting it out. I looked out the window and the whole truck is shaking around! The tranny must have really messed up his poor Silverado! I really hope he can get this thing fixed because it's his only car. There were a lots of people outside staring at the car and taking pictures so maybe one of thems can help.
Any help would be great!
Thanks and blesses!!
-F U
17 answers 17