where is the worst place to live in England?

I would have to say barnsley is the worst place I have visited, closely followed by anywhere else in yorkshire

middlesbrough is not too bad , it's the people. yarm is worse they all think they live in beverly hills. it's a crappy town next to stockton full of morons

Favorite Answer

From personal experience, I have found Nottingham, Manchester and Hull to be the worst, but even these places have benefits of living there and nice areas.

An ongoing poll on the Channel 4 website that asks people to rate where they live from one to five (five being the best) shows that Barking was voted the worst, closely followed by Blackpool, Newham, Huddersfield and Luton. The link below lists the 15 other towns that make up the 20 worst areas to live in, as voted by people who live there. Hope this helped :)

• snead

that's in reality a query of private style of direction. One guy or woman's paradise is yet another's hell. many human beings value the Lake District (Cumbria) - answer above as between the main captivating and acceptable places to stay in England. My worst are:- Milton Keynes Slough Stevenage Hatfield Stoke On Trent Southampton Portsmouth Birmingham Peterborough Manchester Liverpool Newcastle Rhyl Bracknell Basildon Romford Shoeburyness

• Mikey

I would like Roddysul to change his answer. The question is worst places in ENGLAND. Last time I checked Merthyr Tydfil and Blaenau gwent were in Wales. I think the worst place I have been to would be Bristol. It's so boring and chav-tastic

according to a 2007 survey which looked at various factors these are the worst

Middlesbrough: Worst Place To Live

Kingston upon Hull: 2nd Worst

Newham: 3rd Worst

Nottingham: 4th Worst

Merthyr Tydfil: 5th Worst

North East Lincolnshire: 6th Worst

Islington: 7th Worst

Blaenau Gwent: 8th Worst

Mansfield: 9th Worst

Knowsley: 10th Worst

Blackpool: 11th Worst

Hackney: 12th Worst

Stoke-on-Trent: 13th Worst

Barking & Dagenham: 14th Worst

Doncaster: 15th Worst

Cannock Chase: 16th Worst

Manchester: 17th Worst

Haringey: 18th Worst

Burnley: 19th Worst

Hartlepool: 20th Worst

It would be hard to say unless you've been to every place in England, but of the places I've been I'd go for London, nice to visit but I'd hate to stay there.

Amery needs to check out the question again... Edinburghs in Scotland!

It comes down to what you have and what you want. After living in rural Cornwall for years I would love the crowds and atmosphere of a city like London. Althought my twin brother whos lives in london really enjoys coming to cornwall to visit. From my experience, people always want what they dont have!

• Fizz

Margate.

Probably Hull or Nottingham

• HJ

of the places i've visited, the ones i'd least like to go back to (let alone live at) were Warrington and Ironbridge

• Polly

London I would suspect.

Its nice to go but fantastic to leave behind!