Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

i am writing a persuasive essay on assisting suicide(euthanasia) need help to start it?

BTW i am against it

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you are against euthanasia then you should start your essay by saying that it's not our right to take someone else's life or to make decisions that are not ours to make. You'll need more reasons as you write and you can put the example of the Bible (if you are religious) and say that God gives life and he is the only one that can take it away. You can also say that people can gain benefits if they are allowed to help someone die (money, property, etc), so there is a doubt about the intentions of "helping that person die". You can write about how disconnecting someone that is in a comma can be considered a crime by many people because it takes away that person's chance to voice their decision about staying alive. If you write favoring euthanasia, just reverse everything I wrote and tell people it actually helps our society and the people we love.

Check out these websites

www.buzzle.com/articles/pros-and-cons-of-euthanasia.html

euthanasia.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000126 -

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

You can try persuading that global warming is bad and how its hurting earth. I recently wrote a persuasive essay on changeing the legal drinking age. It's difficult at first but once you've started its easy. Just do some research and put what you found out in there like that ocean levels are riseing and that the ice caps are melting and the animals are dieng etc. Good luck and remember to do a lot of research.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you are against it then it will be hard to write a persuasive essay.Nor do I agree fully. There must be euthanasia sites that you can look at.There are times however when the life machine should be switched off when the patient is in a vegetative state and the cost of keeping the person is exorbitant when another person can be saved.Best of luck.

• Daedal
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Source(s): Youtube.com
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.