Has anybody here read any Karl Marx?

What have you read? What did you think?

I recommend 'Economic and Philosophic Manuscripts'.

Favorite Answer

YUP !!

Read "Kapital" as an adolescent; along with Hitler's "Mein Kampf" & the translations of Mao's "sayings (Little Red Book).

All of them very interesting and should never be burned (as NO BOOK should ever be burned!!), no matter who it offends.

...and yet -- I am NOT indoctrinated, because I was "fortunately" raised to form make my own analyses & form my own opinions -- and NOT those of my teachers :)

"You'll get over it" ;)

Edit --

Oh, most importantly -- I have read both Machiavelli's "The Prince" and "Treatise(?) on Titus Livy"

Currently for the past 18 months(?), I've been very interested in the "Holy Qu'ran" (English translation by Yusef Ali).

It's actually quite excellent !! (however, I do not see myself turning Muslim).

P.S. -- I do refuse to read ANYTHING related to George Bernard Shaw, British Progressive Pro-Eugenics monstrosity.

Though many find his opinions, "practical."

He disgusts me.

.

Source(s): . No "Party" Affiliation - (Conservative on Foreign Policy & Moderate on Domestic Issues) .

I've read the Communist Manifesto and I'm currently struggling through Capital. Great writer, very very interesting.

I tried but I couldn't finish, short attention span when it comes to blah blah blah.... BUT what I did choke down led me to read several other must reads on how socialism is one step below Marxism, imo, and now I am nervous at the remarkable similarities to the current administrations actions.

What say you? What did E P M do for you? Do you see it also?

Yes sir. I'm 14 but I've read A Communist Manifesto. Real smart guy even though I disagree with him.

@Susan- You just hate him because he's jewish.

I read the Communist Manifesto back in college, as part of a history assignment.

No, but I saw some movies that some guys named Marx starred in.

Greatest thinker of all time. his ideas didn't even impact America until the 1900's while the spark of immigration took place from European countries which adults and children toiled and lost limbs off their body just for a slice of the American Dream ( His ideas started way in the 1840s before the spark of industrial revolution steel machinery took its role ) truly a visionary and we cant forget Upton Sinclair also

Source(s): Karl Marx, Upton Sinclair

Hes a good writer

• Susan

Ugh, no, I tried to get through the Communist Manifesto once. It was a bunch of impenetrable drivel and self-indulgent filth. Even he didn't seem to know what he thought about Communism.

No and haven't read any Karl Rove either.