Is there a God ?? Can atheists answer these questions? (Part 1)?

Is there a God? Was the universe created by a Divine Creator, or did it just happen? If the universe just happened, then what started the process?

Even more complex and disturbing is the thought that time could have NO BEGINNING. Everything that mankind has ever learned, tested, proved, designed, or theorized CANNOT explain this great mystery. How could time have ever begun?

What would have existed before time? Even if you could trace the universe back trillions of years (which you cannot), you would still be faced with an unsolvable mystery...what existed before time?

If time is traveling backwards and forwards, then at what point did it begin? There is no mortal answer for these questions

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

youre asking the wrong ones...

YES THERE IS AND HE MADE IT AND HE MADE TIME ALSO JUST LIKE IT SAYS in the Bible..

• 10 years ago

In the first place, if something is travelling backwards and forwards, it doesn't necessarily have to have begun, nor have to end, somewhere. Put something on a Mobius strip and it could keep travelling on it forever.

In the second place, according to Einstein's relativity theory, the Universe has four dimensions--three spatial dimensions (length, width, and depth) and the fourth dimension, which is time. Now, according to Kaluza-Klein theory, all of reality was once a perfect 10-dimensional Universe. Since, time then was embedded in spatial dimensions, it didn't flow in the same way we understand it now. This 10-dimensional Universe was unstable, however, and it "cracked" along the fourth dimension. The higher order dimensions--fifth through tenth--shrank, while the lower order dimensions--first through fourth--expanded, and our Universe emerged. Currently, the higher order dimensions, or "hyperspace" for short, are incredibly small relative to our Universe, so small that we don't notice them, though they're there. In time, hyperspace will start expanding, our Universe will contract, and the higher order Universe will reemerge.

In the third place, science does not form theories, nor laws out of nothing, but out of observation and logic. There are relatively few laws in science, and a lot of theories which most scientists admit haven't been proved yet. If you think scientists are stupid and religion the only truth, then you answer me a few questions:

1: If a flood killed everyone on Earth but Noah and his family, why is there no record of this event in the histories of any culture (Chinese, African, Indian, etc.)? If this really happened, then Asians, Africans, and so forth should have been wiped out, too. Do you think the vast profusion of people and races, including Native American, African, and Asian are all descended from Noah and his family?

2: If ten plagues really devastated Egypt, why is there no record of this event in Egyptian history?

3: If God is perfect and created Man in His image, it follows that Man's image is perfect. But our bodies, in terms of shape, are far from perfect. We are each born with an appendix, which does nothing for us. To see things better, we should have eyes on the sides of our heads, like lizards. We have necks that contain windpipes and throats, to take air to the lungs. But, to prevent choking, those two tunnels should be in different places.

• 4 years ago

1) How come the sun comes out during the day, when we need the light, and goes away at night, when we need to sleep? How does it know to do this? Answer: i only sleep in the day... 2) How come cows are both tasty and easy to catch? If they were less tasty or harder to catch, no-one would bother trying to eat them Answer: I dont understand your logic.. 3) How come our arms are precise the right length to scratch our privates? Any longer and we'd have to bend them, and shorter and we'd been scratching our tummies instead. Answer: I can use my feet too.. 4) How come everything we've never tasted before tastes like chicken? Answer: I dont understand your logic 5) How come our legs are the perfect length to touch the ground? Any shorter and we'd be walking on air, any longer and they'd be embedded in the ground and we couldn't walk anywhere. Answer: I dont understand your logic

• 10 years ago

All the questions except the first are good and thought provoking. I do not believe that the lack of answers to these questions proves there is a God. They are only an excuse to believe in God.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

You are loading the question to put "just" before "happened". If you have any appreciation for beauty or complexity, you wouldn't say the universe "just" happened.

• Harry
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

I put 20 socks in the dryer and only 19 come out. For the life of me I cannot figure out where that sock went. So, the only rational explanation is that God stole it.

• Exactly! There is no answer to these questions. You could keep asking for the rest of your life and you would never get a completely true answer...never! Kinda sucks, eh?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

The fact that we may not currently have an answer for a question doesn't justify claiming it was accomplished by magic.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

"Is there a God?"

Highly unlikely.

All of the rest of the questions....

We don't know yet, but in the meantime goddidit is not a valid answer.

@ Harry

Sorry dude, that was me.... I'm finished with it now though, you can have it back.

It's.... errrrrr... it's a bit sticky.

• better yet, it's also possible that our current universe is the product of multiple "bangs and crunches" that have been going on and on and on...

it's fascinating and humbling at the same time.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Time had a beginning....the Big Bang.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.