I need help on how to start off this narrative resume for this scholarship. =/?
Here is my resume. Please help me put it into a narrative format and not listed.
To receive a HBCU NROTC Scholarship.
• Nearly 6 experiences as group leader.
• Goal-oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities.
• Organized, highly motivated, and detail-directed problem solver.
• Proven ability to work in unison with cadets and commanding officers.
• Completed US Naval Academy Summer Seminar.
Currently a senior at Fredrick Douglass High School. [GPA 3.13+]
-graduated from Ernest Everett Just Middle School (Mitchellville, MD)
-graduated from Brick Elementary (Ypsilanti, MI)
-graduated from Notre Dame Pre-K (Miami, FL)
Relevant Experience, Accomplishments
• Volunteered at the PG County Special Olympics.
• Chairperson of Pennies for Patients for Frederick Douglass High School.
• Organized Spring Dance and raised $1,200.
• Counseled students on defining career and work related goals and objectives.
• Rose over $2,000 during my time as president of my high school class.
Leadership & Manager Roles
• Student Government President [2009- 2010]
• Class President [2007-2008].
• Athletics Officer[NJROTC 2008-2009]
• Assistant Athletics Officer [NJROTC 2008-2009].
• Track and Field Captain [2009-2010]
• Cross Country Team Captain [2009-2010]
Debs Home Daycare, Volunteer
DC National Guard Youth Leaders Camp, Camper
DC National Guard Youth Leaders Camp, Youth Volunteer
PG County Special Olympics, Volunteer ( 2007)
Indoor Track, (2007-2008) (2008-2009) *800m & 1600m
Outdoor Track, (2007-2008)(2008-2009) * 800m & 1600m
1600m County Champion
Most Improved Athlete
Cross Country, (2008-2009) * 5000k
Prince George’s 3A/2A/1A County Champions
National Honor Society
Student Government Association
NJROTC Drill Team
Honors & Awards Honor Cadet (NJROTC)
National Honor Society
Best Speech ( DCNG Youth Leaders Camp)
Class President (Sophomore)
Student Government President (Senior)
Homecoming King (Senior)
Young American of the Month/ Rotary Club Of Upper Marlboro (Senior)
- Maria SweatfieldLv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
My advice would be to take a resume class. This will help you set up your stuff into proper format geared toward your scholarship application.