car hop auto breach their warranty?

I pear chase a 1998 Dodge Caravan on November16th 2009. The transmission started slipping then it stopped. January 2010 I had oil change done in the van. January 21st I called car hop and told them what was going on . Car Hop told me to take it to Walkers Repair service. Walker said that the egine and transmission needed to be replaced. They also said that I needed to bring $65.00 incases what was wrong with the van was not covered under warranty. When I picked I was not chared the $65.00 fee.I was told that the van needed a transmission and engin.they Will not get it fixed they are giving me the run around

• josh
    Favorite Answer

What does the warranty say? Most used car sales are "as is." It's doubtful that there is much, if any, warranty offered on a 12-year-old car sale. Plus, you took it to get serviced more than 60 days after you purchased it. I could possibly believe some type of very limited 30-day warranty, but probably nothing that extends beyond 60.

You're probably out of luck.

• WRG

We don't know the terms of the Car Hop warranty so we don't know if they breached it.

• Read your warranty, if it covers an engine replacement, you're entitled to one. If it doesn't (I'd be amazed if it did) you are not.

yes