Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 10 years ago

My wife wants me to buy a Nissan Leaf. I told her no as weight plays a huge factor in Electric cars.?

With average sized people, it gets maybe 100 miles to a charge. I weigh 175 lbs and she weighs about 456 this week.

Based on the dlrship i spoke to, our combined weight would give us a 50 miles to a charge.

Would any of you think this is worth it?

Update:

anorexic??? Nope. I'm 5'9" so 175 at my age is about right..

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Boum
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

I think that for her, walking is the best option: no emission and exercise.

• Johnny
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

The economics just don't work. You couldn't even the the groceries required for her to maintain her 456 pounds in that car unless you made 2 trips to the store and back.

• Cheryl
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The man should think about how important food is to him. A plump woman will have the stamina to stand up cooking for him as much as he wants, in addition to making the beds and everything. A thin woman is usually weaker and tends not to be in the habit of cooking two or three fresh meals a day. The man who chooses the thin woman may not be as happy when he realizes how women stay thin: by not thinking about food.

• 10 years ago

If you only commute locally. You haven't mentioned how far you drive to work daily or if you plan to use it for trips, etc. I'm going to buy one myself and for me it's a good option as I only drive locally in my neighborhood. All electric is better I feel since it won't be in the loop when the next huge gas hike arrives, and it's only going to get worse as the petroleum is expected to be completely depleted by 2020!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • abe
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Not at all Opie, forget the purchase of that Electric car and buy a bulldozer instead.

• Katya
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Boum seems to have the real situation pinpointed...your wife is not healthy and needs to exercise, walk and no more junk foods.

• 10 years ago

You need to gain some weight. What are you, anorexic?

• mebo
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

A "zero" emission car. Right, after burning tons of coal to generate the electricity.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

this is easy. wife can get the leaf if she looses 300lbs.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

lmfao......this week.....haha

no dont buy her a leaf, buy her a jenny craig.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.