Will Sebastien Loeb make the transition to NASCAR?

Update:

Yes, my intent is to go through the entire roster of F1 and rally drivers because the sport needs to go global. I follow NASCAR at all.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Loeb is an amazing rally driver, probably the best ever. Why would he want to go to NASCAR? He is too good a driver for NASCAR!!!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

No.

Now if I can ask you a question please.

Is your intent to go through the entire roster

of F1 and Rally drivers with this question?

If so why? Do you follow Nascar at all?

edit.

I disagree with your theory. Nascar has enough drivers in its

development programs to fill the field. It is a uniquely American sport and very few of these drivers that come from other disciplines succeed.There is no need to "go global".

• 10 years ago

actually Nascar doesn't need to go global, its actually bigger and has more fans than F1, IRL and Rally put together. its harder and takes more skill to handle a 3,400 lb car that barely wants to even turn with 850 HP around a track having to put up with 4 Gs in turns, than it takes a little open wheel car that can easily handle turns or a rally car that isn't that hard to go around in turns, you just have to get used to the sliding. also remember most Nascar drives started on dirt tracks where they slide in every turn. also open wheel and Rally cars have computers to tell the driver whats wrong with the car, how had is that? in Nascar you have just regular gauges and they tell by sight, sound and smell. as far as i know all of the open wheel drivers that have crossed over to Nascar say they like Nascar better and that a Nascar is harder to control. so to me it takes a man to drive a Nascar but not as big of a man to drive an open wheel car or Rally car.

and by the way, Nascar is more exciting with all of the bumping and banging than open wheel cars and Rally cars basically playing follow the leader. trust me i know, i've tried watching both F1 and IRL, they were both to boring and the races were way to short. Rally is more exciting than open wheel but they don't bump and bang with each other that much at all but you get 43 850 HP Nascar cars together on a closed track there's going to be some fighting. and 160 mph? is that it? on most tracks they go faster than 160 around turns and about 195-200 in straight aways. they could go a lot faster on the super speedways if it wasn't for Nascar putting restrictor plates on the cars to sloe them down and they still go 200 with the plates. only tracks they don't go faster than 160 is short tracks which they only do 4 short track races per season and with 36 races per season 4 isn't that many. oh and being near 200 ft drop off, a Nascar could fall off a 300 foot cliff and the driver still be aliev and walk away. have to remember a Nascar cars are custom built from scratch, not built from cars you get from the dealership so the Nascar chassis is a lot stronger and can take more.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

No idea who he is but if Jacques Villeneuve was any indication, then he'd fail miserably. Nelson Piquet Jr. wrecked people in that ARCA race and I haven't heard anything from him in the Trucks. F1 drivers and rally drivers, well most of them, can't drive a NASCAR.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

No.

We don't need him in NASCAR.

NASCAR needs to figure out how to sell seats here in the USA before they try to become a 'world sport' .

BTW, they already are, have been for years.....

• 10 years ago

no he has dabbled in le mans type endurence racing so i find it extremely hard to believe he would was his time.why do you ask?its like getting a straight forward and honest answer from a pollie,very very very unlikely to ever happen.besides the rednecks in nascar wuldnt be able to understand his accent yawl.

• Rollo
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

No.

Why bother? It's a dinosaur series with pig-ugly cars on boring tracks.

Rallying requires drivers with testicles the size of bowling balls. Doing 160mph next to 200ft sheer drops requires more skill and courage than NASCAR ever did.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.