Should a doctor be giving parenting tips?

My physician tends to give my grandparents parenting tips. Such as "Taking away my TV and PC access". She's also always criticizing my grandparents parenting.

Should a doctor be doing that? She's just my doctor. I think she's getting overly comfy with my parents due to her knowing her for over 20 years.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Any parent or doctor can give parenting tips, but it is up to your parents to apply which

tips sound reasonable. Taking things away is common for discipline. I rather have that than

spanking. That doctor does seem comfortable with your parents to criticize your grandparents.

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

If it relates to an "illness"a child has then YES.

Like if a kid has Attention deficit disorder.

Then the doctor telling the grandparents to not let the kid watch tv is the right thing to do if it helps the child.

But if it is not related to anything wrong with the child. Then its the parents choice whether to take in the opnion or not. At the end of the day, they enforce the parentol role. Not the doctor.

Just because someone has an opnion in life. Does not mean u have to listen to them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no. if she knows them personally, then she is free to say whatever she wants when she is not at work, but on the job, she needs to be a doctor and keep the personal advice to herself.

• 1 decade ago

It's fine to give tips, people don't have to take them, but critisizing is taking it too far.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • :)
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

If it would benefit your health, I don't see why not.Just because she puts forth her opinions, doesn't mean they have to take it though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.