What does it mean when I have blue spots on my projector screen?

I have a Canon LV-X2, it has these blue spots on the screen that border the picture... Its not the bulb cause I have put a new one in and still have the same picture. What can I do or is there anything that can be done?

Favorite Answer

Your question is somewhat imprecise. Are the blue spots on the screen and outside the image or inside the image? I'll assume the latter.

Dust in the optical path can show up as spots ... if you suspect this, try cleaning the filter and blowing out the optics with dry, clean compressed air (yo can buy pressurized cans at electronics stores).

On the other hand LCD projectors (which yours is) can experience failure of LCD panels (which can show up as colour streaks or shading), or a polarizer can fail.

I suggest getting a service center opinion. Whether it is worth fixing is questionable given that equivalent or better performance can be obtained on $500 projectors these days.

I hope that helps. Good luck.