Jamo asked in Cars & TransportationCar Audio · 1 decade ago

Should i get 1 15 in or 2 12 inch FI ssd subs for a subaru legacy sedan?

I'm debating getting a single 15 inch fi ssd or 2 12 inch fi ssd. I have a subaru 2005 legacy sedan and I was just wondering wich would be louder?

Favorite Answer

Keep it simple. Use the 1 15 inch. Such a small car doesn't need all that cone area to get filled with full sound. Of course, 2 12"speakers will move more air and take more space to install. You also must be mindful of the wiring and impedance. If you have two identical speakers connected parallel, the total impedance is 1/2 of the value one of them would be. That's importent because when there is too little impedance, the speakers will cause higher current to be drawn from the amp and may burn it out if the amp is not stable at that low impedance. At any rate, they will never sound better than the program played into them.

• Maria

I am gona have to say two 12s will be louder and sound better. I actually have two of the older model CVRs and they are really loud. Also you do NOT want to be looking at max power. Max power means absolutely nothing to you. You wana look at RMS and match them up. I would go for a pair of subs rather than one. So i would go with the two 12s and just dont turn the gain all the way up on the amp. Sparky can help you out with adjusting the gain right.

two twelves will be louder, one 15 will be deeper. I'd put one 15 and one 10 or 12. That way you have the harder hit of the smaller sub and the deep rumble of the bigger one.

it all depends on what sort of amplifier you're gonna have with the 2 12inch because the 15 will pound hard if you get the right sub woofer enclosure.