Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

my cat familiar and a witch familiar?

ok so a while ago i got 2 cats 1 is called luna and 1 is called midnight luna is the type of cat that is quiet and doesn't like to play right and im a practicing wiccan but midnight and me have this bond really close and a while back i read something on witches and their familiars and i decided i wanted one but now that they are old enough idk how to make sure midnight is my familiar or how to teach her or what to do plz help how do i know if she is my familiar or if not?? and how do i teach her or how do i make her my familiar?? no dumb answers like thats fake or something i dont want her harmed because i am big o animal rights and a vegeterian

• ?
    Favorite Answer

practicing wiccan = crazy cat lady

It's not unusual at all to have an animal other than a cat as a familiar. I have to admit to my cat being mine, she will sit in my knee when I am online at witchcraft sites and mailing other witch friends, yet just ordinary browsing doesn't interest her. If I am in a circle or doing spellwork, she is always right in the middle of it.

The cat (Felis catus), also known as the domestic cat or housecat to distinguish it from other felines and felids, is a small domesticated carnivorous mammal that is valued by humans for its companionship and its ability to hunt vermin and household pests. Cats have been associated with humans for at least 9,500 years, and are currently the most popular pet in the world. Due to their close association with humans, cats are now found almost everywhere on Earth. This extreme adaptability and their worrying impacts on native animals has led to them being classed as an invasive species. Most of these problems are caused by the large number of feral cats worldwide, with a population of up to 60 million of these animals in the United States alone.

Cats are similar in size and anatomy to the other felids, with light, flexible bodies and teeth adapted to killing small prey. A skilled predator, the cat hunts using its excellent eyesight and hearing.

Unusually, cats have lost the ability to taste sugar. Some breeds show hereditary deafness.

Despite being solitary hunters, cats are a social species and use a variety of vocalizations, pheromones and types of body language for communication. These include meowing, purring, trilling, hissing, growling, and grunting. They are also bred and shown as registered pedigree pets. This hobby is known as cat fancy.

As The New York Times wrote in 2007, "Until recently the cat was commonly believed to have been domesticated in ancient Egypt, where it was a cult animal." A study that year found that the lines of descent of all house cats probably run through as few as five self-domesticating African Wildcats (Felis silvestris lybica) circa 8000 BC, in the Near East. The earliest direct evidence of cat domestication is a kitten that was buried with its owner 9,500 years ago in Cyprus.

• Lilith

If Midnight and you have as close a bond as you say then she is already your familar. You do not need to teach her a thing, she already knows everything she needs to know. You need to practice becoming very attuned to her though. My first familar was named Midnight. She has crossed the rainbow bridge now, but her memory her wisdom and the love she gave me linger.

I fail to see what your being a vegetarian has to do with this subject. [Unless you think other people believe cats are food animals or something.]

I have two cats myself, probably closer to Dexter than I am Tater. Cats have different personalties, some are more rambunctious and some are more mellow. Your one cat is probably just more laid back than the other one.

You don't teach a cat to be a familiar, from my understanding either they are or they aren't. [And I agree with the first answer.]

Familiars choose you. You couldn't teach a familiar if you wanted. :)) They already know more than you can imagine. They protect you at all times. Even when you're asleep and out of body. They lend energy to your energy workings/spells. They already know all they need to know. Your familiar can help guide you in many things if you pay attention to them. Above all, have fun, enjoy your cat who isn't really a cat. :)) One more thing, familiars are not pets. Don't treat one like a pet. They are sharing a life with you in order to help you. Treat your familiar like you would your friend, with love and respect.

The phrase "not normal" is often applied in a negative sense (asserting that someone or some situation is improper, sick, etc.).

Just try to look after your pets as best you can, seeking veterinary advice if in doubt. Everything else you refer to is merely self-centred delusion.

• I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that cats can't do magic. Strangely enough, neither can humans.

Are you aware that you sound like a cheerleader?

Lay off the "Charmed" re-runs huh?

Source(s): Agnostic