Connor
Connor asked in HealthMen's Health · 10 years ago

What's the best way to get rid of lactic acid build up?

I used to run around 3 miles a day every other day, then I sort of stopped because of the holidays and got out of my routine and have only run here and there since January. Well two days ago I ran 4 miles and my legs are killing me. I went to the gym yesterday and ran 2 miles after a warm up, I was hoping that would help speed up the healing process like it usually does for me and weight lifting but it made it worse. I’d like to run again tomorrow for at least 3 miles but my legs still hurt.

What is the best way to get rid of that lactic acid build up? Should I just run through it? Or wait or something else?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

hello,

Ice cold baths have proven effective

hope one helped

• Sandi

Biofreeze. Get it at most drug stores. I'm a rower and my legs always feel sore because of the lactic acid buildup, and this feeling in your legs is just the feeling of your muscles working hard

Brething deep and often is the only way to get rid of it. LActic acid builds up because of a lack of oxygen to your muscles thats why u get fatigued. Breathe deeply and coach urself to breathe better while running. Thats the only way there no supplements or vitamins u can take :)

Source(s): student nurse

Best way is to do a cool down. Walk for 5-10 minutes then stretch for 5-10 minutes. I know its annoying and boring but it really does help the pain and helps your cardiovascular

try a good lactic acid buffer like creatine monohydrate. You can just run through the burn oherwise.