What's the best way to get rid of lactic acid build up?

I used to run around 3 miles a day every other day, then I sort of stopped because of the holidays and got out of my routine and have only run here and there since January. Well two days ago I ran 4 miles and my legs are killing me. I went to the gym yesterday and ran 2 miles after a warm up, I was hoping that... show more I used to run around 3 miles a day every other day, then I sort of stopped because of the holidays and got out of my routine and have only run here and there since January. Well two days ago I ran 4 miles and my legs are killing me. I went to the gym yesterday and ran 2 miles after a warm up, I was hoping that would help speed up the healing process like it usually does for me and weight lifting but it made it worse. I’d like to run again tomorrow for at least 3 miles but my legs still hurt.
What is the best way to get rid of that lactic acid build up? Should I just run through it? Or wait or something else?

Thanks!