Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Nevamind asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 decade ago

Whats wrong with Canada?

Many people I know have disdain for Canada. Recently I talked to someone, and Canada popped up in the conversation. He then replied, Canada sucks. I asked why, but all he could say was I have my reasons.

Favorite Answer

The only thing wrong with Canada is the winter. Summer isn't bad, although it is shorter than most of the US, and it doesn't usually seem to get as warm as most of the states. The further north you go in Canada the colder, and longer the winter.Their laws are similar to ours as far as legalities, although there are differences. Canada is a democratic commonwealth that favors British custom and law. Many things about Canada are great, many are not so. it isn't a lot different than living in the US in most respects.One thing about Canada in the late Spring, Summer and early Autumn is the bugs, especially flies and mosquitoes, the cities aren't too bad, but outskirts of town wear a net.

If he wasn't willing to share those reasons, then I wouldn't place too much stock in them. Most people feel Canada is one of the best places in the world to live.

People who don't like Canada also don't use soap.

Is this the friend who wears a helmet on the bus?

you're obviously with the wrong crowd. -:)

dislike is okay, but not being able to verbalize it, is pretty dumb, especially if it involves wholesale generalization, without being able to point to specifics.

Nothing at all, thank you. Banks are booming, house prices are up and factories are reopening.

We are very well, thank you.

Wow! Sounds like your friend is a man with a solid education and a vocabulary to envy. He articulates so well too!! (Hold on while I take my tongue out of my cheek and uncross my fingers)

Actually it sounds like he has a brain best viewed with a magnifying glass.

And you sound like a troll.

Nothing! Its better then crappy America thats for sure!

Source(s): I been there