Why hating Israel is a crime?

When Polish Bishop Tadeusz Pieronek criticised Israel for milking Holocaust, he was harshly criticised and nobody had any respect for his freedom of speech. Some even called for his dismissal from bishop-hood on the grounds of hating Israel. People hate many countries for many different reasons and spew vile views expressing their hatred. They are all protected by the laws of freedom of speech. Why is it that when it comes to criticizing Israel, freedom of speech ceases to exist? Isn't Israel just another country on the map of the world?

Update:

@Mildpace K, if John Smith and some of his family were brutally murdered, then should we pardon all sins of all of his decendents, because "he" suffered? Just because Jews in Europe suffered more than 60 years ago, no Israeli should face any consequences of his/her crime?

Update 2:

If you suffer consequences (i.e. punihments) for your free speech, it isn't really free speech. If free speech is free speech despite the fear of consequences and finacial, social and physical injuries, then Russia, Iran, China, Saudi Arabia and North Korea are at the forefront of freedom of speech.

42 Answers

Relevance
  • iceman
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Mahatma Gandhi

• 10 years ago

Funny you should ask, on PMSNBC today, all they did was talk about "hate speech" of conservatives and how it should be slienced. It is not a crime to hate Israeal, nor should it be a crime in the U.S. to speak out against things politically. However, you must keep in mind, most Israel haters crying about their free speech are also the same ones saying dissenters should be silenced because it's hateful. I hate to point out the obvious--but the correlation between the two can be found over and over again.

• Huh?
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Everyone has the right of free speech, including the critics of the Bishop. Free speech goes both ways, you can say what you want and those that disagree with you can also speak out against you.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Just time to say that New World Order totalitarian dictatorship want to sacrifice Israel & let Ah'm-in-a-jihad, etrc, annihilate Jews

Such anti-semitism is genocide

& more than a crime against human laws

Armageddon is when all the world's armies - clearly a UN force - dare to invade the Holy Land & attack the Holy City

Messiah then returns to the Mount of Olives, as prophesied in Zechariah 14 & Acts 1, to slaughter Antichrist armies, then rule all earth in perfecrt peace 7 justice from Zion (Jerusalem)

Christ is Prince of Peace partly as, 'a fire goes out before Him to burn up all His enemies'

See also Isaiah 24, Joel 3 & Revelation 16-19

http://www.BibleGateway.com

Repent or fry

Hell is far worse than even Armageddon

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

If this is a Catholic Bishop he should be removed from his post because he does not believe God. God tells us that He will bless those who bless Israel and He will curse those who curse Israel. God can do whatever He wants with Israel, but mankind better not touch them. God made them an example of what happens to a people who forget God.

No. Israel is not just another country on the map of the world. Israel is God's land because the prophet Joel said that God said, "they parted My land." God calls Jerusalem the City of God and God calls Israel His land. To divide any part of Israel with the Palestinians is against Almighty God.

Israel owns the only God-given deed on this earth. The deed is recorded in God's Word, the Holy Bible.

The problem with this world is "You either believe God or you don't believe God." Too many refuse to believe God.

• 10 years ago

You are of course correct, there is no such thing as free speech! And to my mind rightly so.

Milking the holocaust? How would that be done? We have Fascist groups in the UK that deny it ever happened!

We have groups of terrorists that say we should all be killed for various sins.

Can we really go along with this sort of free speech? I think not.

• 10 years ago

What? Freedom of Speech?

Dear, where do you stay? Are you from Earth or some other planet?

Someone has rightly said, "Power runs from barrel of the gun". I think, this poor bishop must not have heard those words, otherwise he would not have done such mistake.

Mighty people have already decided among themselves, what is right and wrong for us, all. This poor bishop seems to be unaware of worldly manners and etiquette.

Bravo, at least, he has a guts to name spade a spade.

• 10 years ago

It's not a crime. He didn't receive any punishments, did he? He just said a few things that many people do not agree with. Are they not allowed to criticize him? What about their free speech?

• 10 years ago

Because (self proclaimed) Jewish leaders decide what is "hate" and have declared that disagreeing with Israel's racist and murderous policies or disagreeing with the official orthodox version of the Holocaust™ are "hate crimes."

• Mrs. C
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

"Free speech" protects you against GOVERNMENT reprisals. But liberalism doesn't really believe in this. If I say I hate your man 0bama ... I am labeled a racist. So .... I dont really have 'free speech'.

Bishops and other church leaders do not represent themselves, and their own opinions. They are witness's to God.

If this same bishop told you not to be gay ... you liberals would not like freedom of speech then, huh.

• Danny
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

No one had any respect for his freedom of speech because he was harshly criticized? Stop right there. The right to free speech entitles you to voice your opinions. It does not entitle you to have everyone agree with you. Pieronek's right to free speech was respected. After all, he was allowed to voice his opinions. It's just that not many people agreed with him and they have every right to voice that opinion. End of story.

EDIT

Being harshly criticized for voicing your opinions is not punishment. Punishment would be being locked up or having your tongue cut out. Get a clue.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.