My first Bike!! Hopefully, please help?

Help choosing the right starter motorcycle!!? Hey everyone, I'm looking purchase my first motorcycle this spring and currently looking in British Columbia Canada with a budget between 4-6k. I am planning on buying used as I don't want to be afraid to drop or scratch up a brand new... show more Help choosing the right starter motorcycle!!?
Hey everyone, I'm looking purchase my first motorcycle this spring and currently looking in British Columbia Canada with a budget between 4-6k. I am planning on buying used as I don't want to be afraid to drop or scratch up a brand new bike.

Background:
I'm 21, 6'4 about 195-205 lbs fluctuates, I have about 100 hours riding dirt bikes mostly a crf250x, but sometimes on a 450. I've ridden a relatives ninja 250 for a 3-4 hours and found it way too small for my size. I did like the feel of the bike, and it was comforting to know i had a SLIGHTLY larger margin for error on a smaller bike. I have taken an intensive riding course recently and feel its time to jump into buying a bike.

Potential Options:
I like the feel and riding position of a sport bike versus a cruiser, and have search a variety of bikes. I have questions about suzukis sv650, the FZ6, or a cbr600. I looked at a kawi ex500 but i really dont like the look of that bike. I plan to use this bike within the city initially and then put some highway miles on it with day trips and hopefully weekend trips by the end of the summer. My friends have suggested an r6 or a zx6r, and tho i trust my maturity and respect for such a powerful machine, I dont want that big of a bike to start!!

I would really appreciated some insight from experience riders, and also please share your first bike experiences.

Thanks alot